Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Fisi rules out any podiums for this year

I was stunned when I saw the headline but here is the article: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=31346

Perhaps this is th esame problem affecting Team Honda. Some teams seemed to adapt to the new tyres whereas others find their wings don't work so well with the new cars.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hhmmm... Renault's gonna luv their number 1 driver's... confidence !!!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    F1 is a fickle business.

Fisi has just said what most of us already believe, ie. Renault are shot ducks this year. Fisi's problem is that he will probably get criticised for being negative, especially when you consider that there has been the suggestion that if Alonso had not left, then Renault would be in much better shape. So it's Fisi's fault for not being good enough.

Now if Giancarlo had come out and said that Renault would be on the podium by the season's half way point and winning by the end of the season he would probably be accused of talking out of his arse again.

I think he's right and said nothing that wasn't pretty obvious anyway. It will be interesting to see if he cops any flak from it.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    You've got to feel sorry for the guy haven't you. Two years alongside Alonso, then...at last...team leader in a championship winning team...Then the '07 car turns out to be a bit of a dud Fisi never seems to be in the right place at the right time.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Too bad he'll probably be dropped for being open and honest (Can't have that in F1!!!)
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I doubt it, have yo seen waht Pat Symmonds has said about the car and Flav as well? they'd have to sack tema boss and techincal director as well though

I think Fisi is being relistic about the teams chances, he's spent enough times in a team where it is with the top group so im guessing he knows what to expect really.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Here's the original version of the interview

When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Pat Symmonds has praised Fisi in the latest interview and said the car is bad, so as much as I don't like Fisi, he is right about their possibilities for this year.

Even Alonso is quoted saying that McLaren will find it very hard to catch Ferrari, but no one seems to care about that!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Even Alonso is quoted saying that McLaren will find it very hard to catch Ferrari, but no one seems to care about that!
    Because there's a pretty big difference in saying "it will be very hard to catch Ferrari" and "this car was born bad".

When both driver's are their respective team's #1 drivers, I can tell which quote from the above reflects a better attitude to the job at hand.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Because there's a pretty big difference in saying "it will be very hard to catch Ferrari" and "this car was born bad".

When both driver's are their respective team's #1 drivers, I can tell which quote from the above reflects a better attitude to the job at hand.
    Well the Renault is "born bad" and everyone agrees with that, including their team's technical director.

The McLaren already beat the Ferrari this season, so why will it be so difficult to catch them?!

So, which one has a better attitude towards their job? The one saying the truth or the one that downplays his chances for the case he is beaten?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro