Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Now there's an article on parcferme.no where he says he will be doing events In a i20 WRC
    As a pay driver or are they entering him in main team/satélite team?
    I would like to see him get a drive, but it seems odd when Adamo picks Breen over him

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Shakedown complete… What’s next for DirtFish

After a great start with the Monte Carlo Rally, we've got plenty more to come

https://www.dirtfish.com/archive/sha...-for-dirtfish/

3. Likes: EstWRC (1st February 2020),the sniper (1st February 2020)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Their articles for the first ARA event last week was okay, though it wasn't particularly exciting. Just under 40 cars when there were over sixty ten years ago. Subaru's factory effort such as it is wasn't present, either.

The next event in March should be bigger; the organizers say they have over a hundred entries. I just got an email asking if I'd volunteer.

Any chance the international reporters will have a chance to grace the US series with a visit? Not sure how they'd manage talking to people that aren't already news items and with no instant timing. They'd need crews at the start and finish communicating on their own radio frequency as there's no phone service. I've always wanted to try the logistics of something like that; years of laying out marshals and instructing start/finish crews is fun for an on the spot challenge but a change would be fun.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    Their articles for the first ARA event last week was okay, though it wasn't particularly exciting. Just under 40 cars when there were over sixty ten years ago. Subaru's factory effort such as it is wasn't present, either.

The next event in March should be bigger; the organizers say they have over a hundred entries. I just got an email asking if I'd volunteer.

Any chance the international reporters will have a chance to grace the US series with a visit? Not sure how they'd manage talking to people that aren't already news items and with no instant timing. They'd need crews at the start and finish communicating on their own radio frequency as there's no phone service. I've always wanted to try the logistics of something like that; years of laying out marshals and instructing start/finish crews is fun for an on the spot challenge but a change would be fun.
    As someone who was once involved with US rallying since Hyundai and Mitsu were involved way back when Henry Joy and Paul Choinere was driving with Buffum Hyundai team. That was as close as we were going to get to have a WRC event in the states with over 100 entries at nearly every event. When you see how events are run in Finland, Germany and even Turkey it would involve a huge effort to run an actual WRC event. Maybe an event in Canada or up north with the involvement of Dirt Fish. Most other states would just get crazy trying to protect endangered moths and mosquitoes. Dont forget Subaru brought over a couple WRC cars at Rim of the World. One of them was driven by Mark Lovell. The other was a GC8, but not sure who drove it. Petter Solberg also came out and drove a stage and this was when Petter was killing it in WRC. I have not seen such involvement since then. Rim of the World was extremely close to being a WRC event, but the head of the Angeles National Forest was concerned about some endangered frog in the hills of Palmdale. The event never took place and Rim of the World was canceled for good. City of Palmdale would have made a boat load of money if the WRC were to take place, but dumb US politicians failed to cease the opportunity. It's this kind of thinking why the US will not have a solid WRC event. We have plenty of capable organizers in the US so lets hope it happens somwhere up north like Seattle
    Last edited by racerx1979; 3rd February 2020 at 06:28.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    David Evans confirmed to DirtFish

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/top-r...oins-dirtfish/

7. Likes: EstWRC (3rd February 2020)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Some rumours that Mikkelsen is out of Hyundai now...
    I think so as well. He tells ParcFerme that he hopes for Hyundai, since he knows that car best. But Hyundai seems to be well off with driver options, so lets see. Mr Adamo could suddenly switch back to Mikkelsen, if that feeling sneeks in.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    He tells ParcFerme that he hopes for Hyundai, since he knows that car best. But Hyundai seems to be well off with driver options, so lets see. Mr Adamo could suddenly switch back to Mikkelsen, if that feeling sneeks in.
    Now there's an article on parcferme.no where he says he will be doing events In a i20 WRC
    Have you read the same article?

10. Likes: Katvala (3rd February 2020)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Rim of the World was extremely close to being a WRC event, but the head of the Angeles National Forest was concerned about some endangered frog in the hills of Palmdale.
    It should be possible to run a rally without belittling endangered species, let alone hurting them. I wouldn't be surprised if Dirtfish makes a push for Seattle or Oregon to at least be a candidate but as you say the organization and infrastructure is really primitive. Canada's a little better from what I've seen in Ontario but they're also using home-built timing equipment and get coverage fromm the CBC. Besides, it's a long way to go. Barcelona and Moscow are roughly the same distance apart as Chicago and Seattle.

Unless there really is a US WRC push this can all go to the Dirtfish thread, anyway.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Have you read the same article?
    Yup, i heard on a not very reliable podcast called "Lyktepodden" that he was out just before the new article came.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak and Sordo will take part in the first round of Portugal championship

https://twitter.com/hmsgofficial/sta...721559557?s=21
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: AnttiL (5th February 2020),Gregor-y (5th February 2020),the sniper (5th February 2020)