Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been checking the video of Bernie's presentation this morning (you can see a short excerpt here: http://www.as.com/videos/?xref=20070...1.Ves&pagina=1), and I realized they are using two different layouts for the track.

First one is the one posted on previous links (and the one I marked over the Google Maps photo), wich appears on this video on red. I think this is probably the first idea.

Then there's a second layout, corresponding to some scenes at the end of the video, it looks like this is a more actual layout, and it looks also that this is exacty the one appearing on the logo.

I tooked this image (fro the logo) and I put it over the map, and I found out some parts appeared on the video as this second layout. It is different than the first one, but much more adequate for a track (more turns) and for Bernie's desires (track over the Marina).

You can see it here:

http://www.profacil.net/F1/Valenciatrack2.jpg

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Ecclestone said however that the agreement is conditional on Camps, of the centre-right Partido Popular, winning the elections on 27th May.
    And hey what a coincidence! Ecclestone's heir-apparent, Mr Agar, happens to be the son-in-law of Mr Aznar.
    Mr. Who?
    Mr Aznar ailor:, ex president of Spain but still leader in the shadows of the ultra-centre-right PP
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how can you be ultra-centre-right?

but that's off topic anyway. I'm not to sure if going back to street races is a good idea(Abu Dhabi is also a street race, right?), F1 has a porblem when it comes to its lack of overtaking, street tracks ain't gonna help much, but hey! at least those tracks look spectacular and have more personality than any Tilke track but Istambul, so I actually don't mind, I only wish it replaces Barcelona soon
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it does look a great track, it reminds me of monaco so much, am i the only one who thinks that?
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bingo!

That's the real layout. Here's the complete animated video:

http://www.marca.com/videos/07/05/070510valencia.html

It looks better than before.

And is not a true urban circuit "a la Monaco"; it's closer to semi-urban circuits as Canada.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well in light of all the recent "globalisation" of F1 venues, this is a step back in the right direction, although I hope another European race won't have to make way for this one

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Why not ? Would you prefer to have more and more European races even on boring dodgy tracks ?

Hockenheim, Imola, Hungaroring, Barcelona are totally dull.
    I dont want F1 to go to new tracks which are boring either but atleast they expand the market for the sport. Going twice to Germany for a GP does nothing.

on topic: Looks pretty good and fast but yes...overtaking spots? Even if the extend till Parotet it probably needs
    a tighter turn in there (like Adelaide at Magny Cours?)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    I don't understand why destroy the best turn at Circuit de Catalunya on safety reasons and now they go for an urban track

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    it can't be worse than the circuit of barcelona

about the popular party... for those who don't know much about politics in Spain you shouldn't believe all that crap about it being a far-right party... it's not like that at all. It may seem like that for communists.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i was hugely surprised by this announcement, until the singapore one which has taken it a step further.

very surprised to see another street circuit on the calendar, Monaco would never be a new track, only there due to the historical significance, but it does sound likethis is more of an Albert Park/Canada rather than another Monaco, so i assume they'll be able to make it safe enough. in reality it wil be a circuit, run on "streets" in a city, rather than a circuit that uses only the existing roads trhough a city.

should be interesting to see if it works, and the increase to 3 street circuits is an interesting change for F1 and will present a new challenge to the teams and drivers.

so i assume we are waiting fro 1 more new race for next year - 17 this year and Bernie wants 20 - or have i missed something else that will be added for 2008?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.