Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OFFICIAL: Valencia GP signed for 2008

I might try and get to this if it happens!...

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...09172750.shtml

Valencia F1 deal for 2008 signed
    A second Spanish Grand Prix on the cards
    09/05/07 17:27

A definitive deal for a new Formula One street race in the Spanish city of Valencia has now finally been signed.

That was the claim on Wednesday of the private radio network Cope, which said Bernie Ecclestone's circus would race at a second Spanish venue next year.

It is suggested that the existence of the contract could be announced by Ecclestone at Barcelona as early as during a press conference on Thursday.

The descriptor 'European Grand Prix' is tipped to be used, as it will be free because of the rotation of F1's two German venues.

Next year's Hockenheim event, following the race at the Nurburgring in 2007, will instead be called the German Grand Prix.

Meanwhile there is no further news on the proposed Grand Prix in Singapore which made headlines on numerous occasions last month.

E.A.
    Source GMM
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    That radio Cope always lies on everything they talk about, so wait for a better source

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Other media are insisting. They say it will be announced on Thursday noon (Spanish time).

There's also an animated map of the circuit (press on this page link "Trazado del circuito urbano (Gráfico)"):
    http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia..._20070509.html

The descriptor seems to be "Mediterranean Grand Prix".

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Thats a hell of a long right hander!! Looks like a quick circuit

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    A bit short of turns. I hope they will at least go until Parotet
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    A bit short of turns.
    That's what was thinking. And if it's 4km long, it would propaly be too fast for a street course.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like this is legit - Bernie has a press conference planned for today in Valencia:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19124.html

Bernie Ecclestone will be hosting a press conference later today in the city of Valencia, with the president of the regional council Francisco Camps. It is ancipated that this will be the announcement that Valencia has secured the European Grand Prix for 2008.

A second race in Spain makes considerable sense given that Germany has had two races for much of Michael Schumacher's reign in F1 and with Fernando Alonso now the biggest star Spain's level of interest in F1 is at an all time high. Valencia is very keen to build up its international profile and has achieved much with the America's Cup in recent years. The Cup ends in July and will most likely move elsewhere, although this depends largely on who wins. The Grand Prix in Valencia would then take over as the major promotional tool for the city. It would also serve the additional purpose of developing a part of the city that has been undeveloped until now, which will link the city centre with the port. The circuit will be a street venue but will feature purpose-built pits and paddock in an industrial area which currently features warehouses and railway marshalling yards. These will no doubt be developed as the race settles into the area.
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    A bit short of turns. I hope they will at least go until Parotet
    Yes! Good idea. It would make the Viejo Cauca turn a great corner, like Tamburello or 130R. However for that reason of being a fast entry faster exit corner, AND due to the fact that its a street course, I think It'd be unlikely. But still, I think the layout is quite different from modern courses in formula one...and variety is the spice of life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope they reach the second round about too. If not they may consider some artificial chicanes in the long straights.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

I hope not.