Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
Mercedes are starting their dodgy games again. I was very shocked when they asked Hamilton to pit with four laps to go. They did not enquire if tyres were ok or if he would like to pit for new tyres. They just said BOB BOX BOX, thankfully Hamilton did not heed the call to pit. If he had, it would have put him in close proximity to Bottas or possibly behind Bottas if anything had gone wrong during the pitstop.

They are back to their 2016 dodgy ways. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the Mercedes meeting room during the after race briefing to hear the discussions about this.
Don’t forget that inside every team they have competitive sides of the garage trying to compete against the other. They also have management looking to best secure a result that puts either driver in good stead for the world championship. In regards to Mercedes we have decisions being made to get Hamilton in a good position to beat Bottas and vice versa hence why Bottas pulled off an impressive pole in Sunday. Teams can make calls on tyres due to telemetry feedback from the tyre sensors too so driver input on how they feel isn’t always needed if a pit stop is achievable to get a favourable result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk