Hybrid View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    And good to be watching on the F1TV service, where you can select what audio you want, including switching off the commentary but still having the sounds from the track. Makes a huge difference when you don't have to constantly listen to "Crofty's" inane blatherings.
    Of late, l have to say l see your point. The point about commentary is to present an unbiased and objective view. Unfortunately, Crofty struggles with that concept sometimes. He appears to stir things up from a personal perspective sometimes which takes away from the better parts of his race time commentaries, which incidentally, he does very well most of the time. That said, l think he is still one of the best F1 commentators out there. I would prefer to listen to him above any other commentator out there.

But the possibility of switching all commentaries off and just watch the race with just the sound of the engine and the pit radio, is also a very desirable option. Hence, l envy you for that.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th May 2019 at 16:07.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: N4D13 (28th May 2019)
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    But the possibility of switching all commentaries off and just watch the race with just the sound of the engine and the pit radio, is also a very desirable option. Hence, l envy you for that.
    The bonus is that you can crank the volume up and you really hear not just the engine noise but the tyre noise. At a lot of tracks, you also get the occasional echoing sounds of the local announcer over the PA. Feels much more like actually being at the track.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Of late, l have to say l see your point. The point about commentary is to present an unbiased and objective view. Unfortunately, Crofty struggles with that concept sometimes. He appears to stir things up from a personal perspective sometimes which takes away from the better parts of his race time commentaries, which incidentally, he does very well most of the time. That said, l think he is still one of the best F1 commentators out there. I would prefer to listen to him above any other commentator out there.

Spot on. I used to think that the Spanish commentators were biased because, come on, they are Spanish and were cheering for Alonso the entire race. But for the last few years I have been watching streams from Sky commentary and it's pretty much the same stuff with Hamilton, or even more exaggerated sometimes. It's actually pretty disappointed.

Sometimes they even make me miss the German streams, from which I could only understand separate words, but at least I wouldn't notice if they were so biased.