Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

If you got Petter,Seb and Marcus together, give them the same car on a 40km gravel stage with 2 or 3 stage recces allowed.IN MY OPINION Petter would be the winner.BUT he is not consistent enough during a season,so i would put Seb and Marcus ahead of him in championship terms.
    Petter will hopefully have the car next year to challenge them.If i was Subaru i would not bother testing or developing this car any further,but invest as much money from this years budget in to next years brand new Impreza.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fast is not enough, Where are the results from Petter afther 2003?
    Yes he won a few rallys, i know.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastboy
    If you got Petter,Seb and Marcus together, give them the same car on a 40km gravel stage with 2 or 3 stage recces allowed.IN MY OPINION Petter would be the winner.BUT he is not consistent enough during a season,so i would put Seb and Marcus ahead of him in championship terms.
    Petter will hopefully have the car next year to challenge them.If i was Subaru i would not bother testing or developing this car any further,but invest as much money from this years budget in to next years brand new Impreza.
    Well... As latest shakedowns show, Marcus sets the winner's pace on the 2nd or max 3rd pass. For Seb 3 is enough, max 4. But Solberg is used to make 4,5 or even 6 runs thorough the stage, but still loses to Gronholm and Loeb. So... Don't think he can win a 40km stage against Gro and Seb after just 2 passes through it.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    Well... As latest shakedowns show, Marcus sets the winner's pace on the 2nd or max 3rd pass. For Seb 3 is enough, max 4. But Solberg is used to make 4,5 or even 6 runs thorough the stage, but still loses to Gronholm and Loeb. So... Don't think he can win a 40km stage against Gro and Seb after just 2 passes through it.
    you really think that drivers use the shakedown to see who is fastest ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Change the name from this thread!

Petter Solberg - How bad is he really?
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    you really think that drivers use the shakedown to see who is fastest ???
    Oh course not! I just used it as an example of that we can't say Solberg will be faster than Gronholm and Loeb after two runs... past 2-3 years show quite different things.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    This thread is a fine example of that same old phenomenon this forum always does. You recall ?? I'm talking about that Hollywood-phenomenon. Meaning that driver, here on this forum, seem to be as good as his last rally was. This has happened to many drivers before Patter. Do you honestly think Petter's skills has disappeared somehow during the last couple of years ???

Jeez....
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am a fan of Petter since he joined Subaru 7 years ago. I think his personality and determination to win are the reason why I support him in such a long time. The only thing I want to say is, he deserves to win, or even winning the championship. I think he has done his best, but only the Impreza let him down in the past 3 years. It's not fair for Petter to shoulder too much ridiculously bad luck, it's just impossible indeed. In any case, he really deserve something better than now. The championship is almost out of reach for him, and that's disappointing, given the fact that he has been pushing so hard since 2006.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    This thread is a fine example of that same old phenomenon this forum always does. You recall ?? I'm talking about that Hollywood-phenomenon. Meaning that driver, here on this forum, seem to be as good as his last rally was. This has happened to many drivers before Patter. Do you honestly think Petter's skills has disappeared somehow during the last couple of years ???

Jeez....
    I remember the same happened to Colin in early 2001 on the forum, then he started winning and then it was like “OMFG Colin is the best driver ever!!!!!” when weeks before they were criticizing him and saying it was all over for him. I’ll be honest and say I’m not Petter’s no1 fan but I don’t think Petter is any worse than he was in 2003. The car is mainly to blame BUT the car has brought out the worst in Petter. It has brought out the Petter than will overdrive a car and underachieve with regards to results. But when he has a car I’m sure things will be back to normal again.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I don’t think Petter is any worse than he was in 2003.
    But was Petter that good back in 2003? Or maybe just Ford's and Peugeot' reliability used to let Martin and Gronholm down while they were leading rallies? Or Loeb, who was going to win the championship if not Citroen asked him to slow down on the last rally? No, I don't think Solberg was good even in 2003.