Think he is currently overdriving the car as can be seen here:

http://www.rallylinkserver.com/betti...mageFull14.htm

Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sal
    Think he is currently overdriving the car as can be seen here:

http://www.rallylinkserver.com/betti...mageFull14.htm
    Pure class....
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    I know he has had a poor car for a long time now. And you have to admire his loyalty to the team (is he on a fat pay cheque?), however he does make an awful lot of mistakes for someone so highly rated. A bit like Gronholm, who whenever is pushing hard, seems to over-do it and spin or even worse crash.

The commentators this weekend were all banging on about 'ah poor Peter, bad luck again' when his car failed him - but his car failed him due to his driving error! Just because it wasn't an outright crash, it was still his action which resulted in his car failing on him.

I think Gronholm is better than Solberg, but it would be very tight. But I think if he was team-mate alongside Loeb these days, he would be well and truly beaten.

I know both Gronholm and Solberg are more popular than Loeb, but Loeb is without doubt a cut above these two great drivers. They are probably the only two drivers who could come close to challenging Loeb to be honest.
    To be honest I really think Solberg has lost the edge and the fire in his belly.Take his WRC championship season back in 2003,fair enough Loeb was younger and less experienced than now but not by much and Solberg literally destroyed him during the weekend of the network Q.And as for him being alongside Marcus these days I'm afraid Solberg is a million miles behind,yes granted Gronholm makes loads of mistakes but he always has done,he's like Colin Mcrae as such in that he really doesn't know his or the cars limits and its not a 'past it' and out of date phase he has become,he has always been that way and like Colin also,when those over the top risks he takes pull off there is absolutely no stopping him,even Loeb.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee10375
    And as for him being alongside Marcus these days I'm afraid Solberg is a million miles behind,yes granted Gronholm makes loads of mistakes but he always has done,
    In his Ford time Grönholm has not done more mistakes than Loeb in the same period.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    In his Ford time Grönholm has not done more mistakes than Loeb in the same period.
    Yes, actually this year Marcus made even less costly mistakes than Loeb.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee10375
    To be honest I really think Solberg has lost the edge and the fire in his belly.Take his WRC championship season back in 2003,fair enough Loeb was younger and less experienced than now but not by much and Solberg literally destroyed him during the weekend of the network Q.
    I think you forgot one thing: In 2003 Citroen's goal was the manufacturers championship, and with the 2nd place that goal was achieved. Guy Frequelin didn't authorized Loeb to fight for the 1st place on the rally and the orders were to secure the 2n and the manu title.

In 2003 Solberg had the lucky of having a man that didn't fight with him on the last rally.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    I think you forgot one thing: In 2003 Citroen's goal was the manufacturers championship, and with the 2nd place that goal was achieved. Guy Frequelin didn't authorized Loeb to fight for the 1st place on the rally and the orders were to secure the 2n and the manu title.

In 2003 Solberg had the lucky of having a man that didn't fight with him on the last rally.
    Definitely agree with you there JAM
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    In 2003 Petter was really lucky.

* Loeb running out of gas in Turkey
    * His lucky choice of rain tyres in France
    * Sainz crashing out in GB
    * Burns got a brain tumour
    * And finally Loeb got banned from driving for the title.

It pretty much looks like he did got all his luck in one year, and that pretty much explains his lack of luck in the recent years... :-)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Lets not say that Burns getting a tumour was lucky for Petter. I'm sure Petter would rather have Burns alive than have that title....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.