Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night stages

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like a rally car with all the light pods, and being on the side of road watching car going at full speed in pitch dark must be awsome exeprience. However it is quite boring on TV screen....
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    If you (and J4MIE) ever had the privilege of been on Turini and hear Munari's legendary Lancia Fulvia HF singing on those hairpins...you would change your mind ! mokin:
    Are you saying you can't hear that singing in daylight Maybe it's an Italian thing....
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I was young when I last witnessed night stages in Jyväskylä. It was fun, sort of a small extra in spectating. But one stage was enough
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    Is that a statement in support of night stages or against them? You have me confused. :
    Sorry lol i'm with Night time stages! saying how much i loved seeing the burning brakes and glares bring them back! (well they kinda have...)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Cool Night stages...

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Are you saying you can't hear that singing in daylight Maybe it's an Italian thing....
    Sure you can hear the engine sound in daylight but isn't the same really. In the night you only hear the engine and you hear it from a longer distance, and louder and louder as the car is getting closer and closer...capisc ?

Why I am wasting my time with you Finns, what you guys know about rallying :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ecclestone wants an F1 night race, and where F1 leads WRC seems to follow...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Why I am wasting my time with you Finns, what you guys know about rallying :
    Right paisa, every Finn knows rally is about, water spalshes, handbrake turns, night stages, standing on cars, dancing, not to forget dougnuts. almost forgot the most important, interesting drivers who can not drive a rallycar.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Ahhhh happy memories of the night time stages on The Lombard.
    *sniff*
    am getting all nostalgic now

Thumbs up from me
    hey - maybe they could just switch the lights off in the stadium! that'd have the same effect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ill put my vote for night stages in too - go go go!!!

I think half the reason that the Superspecial stage at Langly park was so popular when it was first introduced was because it was held at night.
    The lights on the cars, the glow of the brakes and the exploding fuel out the exhaust gets the attention of fans.

From the footage of De Col De Turini (spelling?) stage, the night shots of the the cars going over the top of the Col are just spectacular!

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I have heard of people talking about being out in the woods at night to see Mikkola and Vatanen come through, the sound, the atmosphere, and smell and showering of gravel made for a wonderful experience, i have seen some night stages as well before they elminated them fully, was a great experience!!!

Real rally drivers should be able to drive in the dark as well as the daylight. Adds another dimension to what can be a win and a loss...
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne