Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1516
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Of course it's each up to their own to think and decide. Many years ago I was often in places I would never stand again, got much more cautious, fortunately. Even if you try to avoid it, some danger will always be involved in spectating a rally. Things go wrong every now and then, sadly every year some spectators get killed somewhere, more often than not they are photographers or filmers. I hope it will never happen to somebody I know personally...
    Dosen't matter if you as a spectator/filmer/marshall decice to take the risk but if something bad happens it's not just you who lost your life or got injured badly. But it's also horrible situation for a driver who might have hit you, no matter if the person was professional filmer, small kid or a parent of 3 it always affects someone (kids, parents, family, friends etc.). We can't have any more casualties in WRC or the whole sport of rallying as we know it could be over.
    Last edited by Essaj; 28th October 2018 at 22:44.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    Looking on Tänaks onboard about your place: good luck going down fast enough on a place where the cars go 160+ km/h and you stand on / below road level next to the road.
    Physics mostly will be not on your side. I don't want to advise you - just a reminder that life has no rewind button.
    It looks very undramatic, would love to hear a drivers view on that place and i was only there for a few drivers i trust.
    I was a bit amazed at their precision on the fast right with the tree on the inside, i haven't got the right angle but when stopping the video every driver must be less than 30cm from the tree. It's always a risk calculation, i feel less safe if there are people around me because you never know what they will do if something happens.

Btw, what is it with Spanish drivers getting so mad when you overtake them when they are doing 100kph in a 120 zone?
    Two times I've had people tailgating me by 2m in the dark afterwards now. I was driving a Fiat Panda, but still!
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 28th October 2018 at 23:29.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (28th October 2018),TWRC (29th October 2018)
    Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    While typing up the results, I realized that some of the old gang were present at the same event again (and found some other parallels too). For comparison, let's refer to 2003 Rally GB where top three was:

Petter Solberg (back here at the wheel of Polo R5)
    Sebastien Loeb (back here and winning this time, in 2003 he bowed under Citroen's wishes to make sure of manu title and finished 2nd)
    Tommi Makinen (his last WRC event as a driver in 2003, now a team manager)

Also:
    JML was 10th then, 7th this time.
    Gwyndaf Evans was 27th then, his son Elfyn fourth here.
    Kalle Rovanpera's father Harri retired then, his son won WRC2 here.
    Eamond Boland was competing then, as he was here too.
    As was Jan Kopecky.
    Meeke was competing then, could have been competing here too, but...

The one that I was looking for is Timo Rautiainen, then co-driver for Marcus Gronholm. He's been FIA appointed steward on many rallies this season but not this time, thus not extending the already long list above.

All this, despite 15 years has passed.

5. Likes: Berke (29th October 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Loeb won because citroen applied team orders to his team mates
    Loeb won because he had tailored for him cars
    Loeb hadnt got good competition at his era.
    Loeb won because he was at the team with the biggest budget.
    Finally KKK has won with most different manufactures.
    Sorry to drag this up from several pages back, but really!
    When Loeb hit the scene in the top level o wrc, it was immediately clear he had what it takes to become (multiple) wdc. In an era that had not only Citroen and ford, but also Subaru, mitsubishi, Peugeot, Skoda, Hyundai and possibly seat (if I remember correctly) as manu entry so a lot more competition
    Last edited by Norm75; 29th October 2018 at 08:59.

Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Sorry to drag this up from several pages back, but really!
    When Loeb hit the scene in the top level o wrc, it was immediately clear he had what it takes to become (multiple) wdc. In an era that had not only Citroen and ford, but also Subaru, mitsubishi, Peugeot, Skoda, Hyundai and possibly seat (if I remember correctly) as manu entry so a lot more competition
    Clearly you don't understand sarcasm

9. Likes: dimviii (29th October 2018)
    Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    While typing up the results, I realized that some of the old gang were present at the same event again (and found some other parallels too). For comparison, let's refer to 2003 Rally GB where top three was:

Petter Solberg (back here at the wheel of Polo R5)
    Sebastien Loeb (back here and winning this time, in 2003 he bowed under Citroen's wishes to make sure of manu title and finished 2nd)
    Tommi Makinen (his last WRC event as a driver in 2003, now a team manager)

Also:
    JML was 10th then, 7th this time.
    Gwyndaf Evans was 27th then, his son Elfyn fourth here.
    Kalle Rovanpera's father Harri retired then, his son won WRC2 here.
    Eamond Boland was competing then, as he was here too.
    As was Jan Kopecky.
    Meeke was competing then, could have been competing here too, but...

The one that I was looking for is Timo Rautiainen, then co-driver for Marcus Gronholm. He's been FIA appointed steward on many rallies this season but not this time, thus not extending the already long list above.

All this, despite 15 years has passed.
    2003 was the last time 3 drivers went in to the last round with a chance of winning the Championship, I think? Burns, Loeb and Solberg, although we know sadly Burnsie didn't get to compete in GB.

Also the last time someone not named Seb won the Championship - that one is pending a few more weeks and could easily be cancelled!

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turves View Post
    2003 was the last time 3 drivers went in to the last round with a chance of winning the Championship, I think? Burns, Loeb and Solberg, although we know sadly Burnsie didn't get to compete in GB.

Also the last time someone not named Seb won the Championship - that one is pending a few more weeks and could easily be cancelled!
    Including Burns it was 4 drivers going into GB.
    Loeb 63
    Sainz 63
    P Solberg 62
    Burns 58

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

13. Likes: EstWRC (29th October 2018),gorganl2000 (29th October 2018),Mirek (29th October 2018),T16 (29th October 2018),TypeR (29th October 2018)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    nice pass at 0,24,there are 4-5 more cars at same corner in the video
    https://youtu.be/13VLZx_ScLc

15. Likes: EstWRC (29th October 2018),Mirek (29th October 2018)