Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: German GP 2018

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I don't know if even Rogro is capable of that level of carnage, but a collision is a distinct possibility!
    I think he is capable of that much carnage, it's just that usually he's only punting one car at a time lately. It's actually rather scary to have him so far up in the field.

Lewis goes off roading and suffers. Ricciardo will also be charging from the back of the field.

Both Renault cars in the top 10.

Both Haas cars in the top 10.

And every single one of the cars in the top 10 went faster than the old lap record.

I think we might be in for a race with a lot of passing going on.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Dawgz, looking like some rain in the race.....dawgz
    https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...25242682888192
    May the forza be with you

And here we gooo!

Vettel choke, Wow!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    OMG Vettel chucking it at the scenery with a win in his grasp
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Bloody lapped runners gonna waste 3 laps of this race
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, I got to guess the winner!

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Interesting race to say the least.

That rain was just enough to really mess with the entire field, and it seems that strategies were already spread out fairly well. On lap 47-48 we had all five tire types on track at the same time. I think Sainz ended the race on inters, and RB was one of the teams that got punked expecting more rain as well.

Mercedes was decisive and put Lewis on the ultra's, and reaped the benefit of doing so. Ferrari stayed calm and went with the ultra's as well, but in the end Kimi had no fight for Valterri. I'm not quite sure what might have changed if they let Bottas attack Lewis, but it looked like Lewis had more than enough tire left to fight him off. Great recovery by Lewis, as well as Max making back up for the bad pit call. And amazing tire management by Lewis over that first stint. Overall a very solid race by Kimi, and in the end he might have lost 2nd place due to the Ferrari call to let Seb by. I actually got a chuckle out of the fact that Kimi made them state in clear orders that he had to yield to Seb.

Great drive by Hulk, solid results for both Force India drivers, and I'm flat out shocked that Grosjean finished up in 6th place. Hartley and Erricson also in the points, and that just goes to show how crazy the race really was.

Shame for Ricciardo. Though those tires seemed like the odd choice, I think if the car had stayed on track then the long stop strategy might have really paid off and put him back in the hunt up front.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Uh oh.. Lewis summoned to the Stewards office for crossing the pit lane entry line.

Anyone else think they might hit him with a time penalty to take his 1st place off him?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Uh oh.. Lewis summoned to the Stewards office for crossing the pit lane entry line.

Anyone else think they might hit him with a time penalty to take his 1st place off him?
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. He might get a 5 second penalty added onto his time which would classify him as 2nd. Raikkonen got the same two years ago.

That aside, what a great season 2018 is! Vonstant swapping at the top of the championship. Can’t remember a season like this before. Great entertainment. Can’t understand why we’d change the rules when it is this close only to gap the entire field again. Anytime I’ve been watching F1 it was usually two teams could win races. Now any of 6 drivers can win any race. Best season i can remember.