Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
This was after Raikkonen apology. Raikkonen should probably have apologized to him directly after the race. As for your comment on aero, I was on about the guy making the pass and guys can't have eyes on the back of their heads. I don't think Lewis and Raikkonen was an aero thing as Raikkonen at that point was the only on on that part of the track for the race, so he should have not had any aero problems i.e. he was not following. It was just a mistake by Raikkonen and I don't think you can apportion any blame to Hamilton on it as he gave him enough room.

As you say, done and dusted. We now move on.
The similarity of these last two Red/Silver prangs is that the passing driver ran across the nose of the one being passed , taking the air off his front wing , causing a lock-up and subsequent collision .
You can't stop them going down the inside for a pass and you wouldn't want to do so at all .
You also can't stop them from going around the outside , either .

But , you can take into consideration , when judging the results of incidents such as these last two , or three , if you include RoGro and Carlos , that the guy inside is sometimes as much the victim if he loses , suddenly , the downforce on his front wing .

If you don't , then the guy inside , if he's behind at all , will have to back out of it much earlier to avoid the lock-up .
That could leave us with much less chance of them being side-by-side in the corners .

I don't want that .