Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
I was less bothered with the kimi incident and more annoyed with the driving of Bottas.
Here is what I took from the race. Bottas is clearly the worst amongst the top 6.
All too often when mercedes need him the most to to keep the ferrari honest or challenge for the win he simply lets them drive away and offers nothing in terms of challenging the car.Being content in coming home second does nothing for me, when you clearly have the car to stick with vettel and provide some sort of challenge.
Yes people talk about him being unlucky etc. But apart from Baku, he has not impressed me with his racecraft or the ability to challenge the car ahead.
silverstone was a race where Mercedes needed him to step up and couldn't.
If verstappen, ricciardo, hulkenberg, alonso or leclerc where in that 2nd car there is no way they would have allowed vettel to drive off into the distance like that.
That factor along with the shambolic race day strategy by Mercedes has been their undoing.
Vettel took a well deserved victory, Hamilton did all he could after his spin, Kimi showed some real bite in the race.
It was entertaining, albeit a bit frustrating. so far 2018 has produced a lot of good races and drama.
I agree regarding Bottas. He has still to really impress me since he joined F1 at all.

What annoys me more is that he knew exactly where Vettel was going to try and pass him yet he made absolutely zero attempt at a defense. If I were a team boss I would not be impressed. Regardless of how shabby your tyres looked. At least move over to the left of the track, make the other driver take the long way around. He can't pretend he was surprised by it. It's not like Vettel hadn't tried to pass him at that corner a couple of times before. What he did was indefensible and deserves a royal bollocking from the team.