Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian GP

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    yup!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, that was one extremely dull race. Fitting that it should end right before bedtime, at least for those of us in Europe.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Monaco: We have the most boring race on the calendar!
    Canada: Hold my beer

4. Likes: COD (11th June 2018),Jag_Warrior (14th June 2018),N. Jones (12th June 2018),N4D13 (10th June 2018)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    A shout out to a marshal friend of mine, Lou Gianella, who got world wide face time during clean up for the 1st lap incident.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

6. Likes: Duncan (11th June 2018)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Radical changes neede for the cars aero. Stupid that overtaking is nearly impossible anywhere

8. Likes: Duncan (12th June 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Ridiculous by lance stroll. Smh
    He had moved up three places , one of them Hartley's , when he suffered from the horrible handling this car has and collided with Brendan , trying it around the outside .
    So , Lance had had a good start , but , realistically , it was the only time he'd likely be able to move up , so he was a pretty desperate guy in the grand scheme of things .

But , Hartley's own situation is far more desperate , having been passed by a "pay driver punk" driving a piece of crap on the first lap while having read this past week that his seat was on offer to another driver .

Winning it on the first lap only really applies in Monaco , and Hartley just wasn't wise to go there .
    Stroll was the one to lose it , but Brendan lost it , too , through his own choice .

Picking off a Williams car , at this point , shouldn't be too hard if you wait for a better place to do it .

So , if it was "ridiculous" by Stroll , then perhaps "ludicrous" might apply for Hartley ?

Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Sadly boring race, a first for me. Not sure I can place blame on the crash. Other than that, on to France!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Important to note that Bottas was clearly better than Hamilton this weekend. It's days like those ones where Hamilton also benefited from driving the best car. In previous years, an off form day meant he still finished 2nd and would concede fewer points.

On the other hand, it highlights why Hamilton is justified in being considered better than Bottas, aside from prejudiced pov. In the 21 races held, if the head to head score was Bottas 11-10. In those 10 races Hamilton beats Bottas, he'd get 7-8 wins, whereas Bottas would look like getting 2-4 wins. That's the difference between the two of them, and what Bottas has to overcome to be taken as a premier F1 driver.

12. Likes: N. Jones (13th June 2018)