Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Liked 24 Times in 9 Posts
    Martin Prokop's onboard from city stage, the engine noise is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efM-...ature=youtu.be

2. Likes: Mirek (27th August 2018),pantealex (28th August 2018)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    And Pluto is starting him into the stage
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: N.O.T (3rd September 2018),pantealex (28th August 2018),sindroms (28th August 2018)
    My feelings from the rally

I think that it wasn't the most spectacular Barum I have ever seen but that was mostly due to my choice of places (two of them were quite boring when full wet). Still very nice event with a lot of crazy situations happening everywhere. It was also nice to meet many friends inlcuding Tommeke, Hartusvuori and his company etc. Some places were full wet even with standing water, some were completely dry, some damp and many muddy. Spectating was again a bit easier than it was few years back. Still very strict taping at places but it's getting gradually better. I personally had no problem with marshals. If someone really wanted to see only the top drivers he could do six stages on Saturday. I didn't opt for that because I wanted to wait at least for Cais and if possible also for Madsen or Janota.

About drivers. Kopecký very very fast, rather aggressive and spectacular. Lukyanuk was looking smoother and calmer with some crazy moments from time to time (some a bit panic braking in the second corner of SS5 or the jump on SS13). Sordo very precise with no sign of overdriving, I think he drove the rally on a safe side. Jakeš crazy flamboyant, by far the most sideways driver of the rally. Gryazin very aggressive and spectacular at the beginning and much calmer on Sudnay. Mareš calm and tidy. Ingram sometimes very aggressive, sometimes hesitating. Kreim surprisingly fast and really precise. Pech wasn't that impressive at the beginning but he retired way too early. The bad suprise of the rally was Černý. I understand his frustration after the city stage but his driving wasn't good even on QS. Sometimes too aggressive, sometimes simply wrong. I don't know but he seems to be lost in his head. I also liked many 2WD drivers. Cais, Sesks, Larena, Kamenec, Madsen, Wagner, Csomós and others were really nice to watch. From GT drivers I liked the crazy driving of Nucita but it ended with a big crash very early. Astier showed some spectacular driving when the road got drier. On wet he tried to drive effective and not spectacular.

How about cars? Kopecký's car looked softer and somewhat higher set than the others to me. All Fiestas looked somewhat underpowered compared to Fabias and also stiffer. At least that was my feeling. Sordo's setup didn't look that bouncy like Neuville's on Ypres. I think that the car still lacks something (and has very strange ALS sound). It just didn't look that right like Fabias. The lone Peugeot looks more and more outdated. It's good car to spectate but it's obviously slow compared to the competitors, especially engine-wise. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by some of the Abarths because in right hands they can be very spectacular cars even though completely unsuitable for conditions like these. They very much remind the old gr.A cars with the short and stiff suspension. I also very much like the Madsen's Kit Car. That's simply beautiful car with even more beautiful sound.

Last few words about tyres. I noticed that the full wet pattern of Michelin is rather narrow, very opened and there's not much rubber in contact with the road. Such tyre obviously brings it's best if there is a lot of water or mud but I can imagine it can get very quickly overheated and worn on dry asphalt. The Hankook pattern was different. It looked more like an old intermediate pattern. Maybe for this conditions it was better. Also Jakeš was driving way more sideways compared to others - maybe it suited the tyres more, I don't know.

6. Likes: dimviii (27th August 2018),Jarek Z (27th August 2018),timlord22 (28th August 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by had_zachau View Post
    Martin Prokop's onboard from city stage, the engine noise is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efM-...ature=youtu.be
    Time roughly 8 minutes. Not bad at all on those tyres!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The Hankook pattern was different. It looked more like an old intermediate pattern. Maybe for this conditions it was better.
    yes it was like pirellis.
    At such temperatures,we have seen also dmack managed to have an ok tyre.The problem starts when they have to compete at very high temperatures,gravel or ashpalt.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    And Pluto is starting him into the stage
    why is he looking so strange at Dani?

10. Likes: pantealex (28th August 2018)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts

Cool The case of Dani Sordo

Hi guys, I've just taken some time to look at our predictions regarding Dani Sordo's performance... and I have to congratulate Mirek, Fiat-131-Abarth and mknight. Your predictions turned out to be true

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    nice news,lets see how Dani can perform against Kopecky and Luky.

predictions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    If i20 R5 will run without technical problems, anything beside victory is in my opinion disappointment. This is what I have already mentioned few weeks ago-if you want to beat Kopecky on his home yard, you need one of the world's top (tarmac) driver.
    Honestly I don't expect Sordo to be the fastest. For sure he can win but in my opinion he will need some bad luck of his opponents to become a winner. IMO Barum is completely different than any event Sordo ever drove. Also from what I could see in Ypres there are questions regarding i20 suspension performance. That's a thing which is absolutely crucial on Barum. Moreover nobody ever drove i20 R5 on Czech roads and there is no specific know-how existing for setting the car for our roads. That shall be a major limiting factor.
    Also nobody came and won on Barum on the first attempt since 2007 (lucky victory for Vouilloz) and only two drivers managed that in 21st century (Travaglia in 2002 was the second one).
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Faster than Lucky but not faster than Kopecky,i am refering an overall performance and not to some ss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    My money’s on Sordo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat-131-Abarth View Post
    If Kopecky has no major problems I wouldn't bet a single cent on Sordo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I doubt Sordo can win if Kopecky stays out of his typical issue (puncture - though this year he avoided it so far).
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 27th August 2018 at 21:04.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

12. Likes: pantealex (28th August 2018)
    By the way according to friend's measurement Lukyanuk was 5 seconds faster than Kopecký after the first wet half of the last stage but Kopecký (on slicks) gained more on the second half which was mostly dry.

14. Likes: dimviii (27th August 2018)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Two guys and a Porsche

http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

16. Likes: pantealex (28th August 2018)