Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Less cars and a situation where points will be handed to RC2 drivers in each event is better than a team that occasionally can get a podium or even win with a right driver?
    yes.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    People saying Citroen should pull out? What sort of rally fan wants that? If you go watch any rally stageside, two or three extra works cars are great to see and they've got an interesting car and team - I hope they stay a lot longer and come back stronger.

Do I agree with the decision? Depends on their plans. If they're pulling out at the end of the year and don't care about a win (which I hope they don't), it makes sense to replace him with Ostberg and spend a bit less money. If they are staying, and they have a plan to put Tidemand or Bonato in the car for a few rounds just to test them, then fair enough.

I can understand their frustration with Meeke but the situation they're in is a reflection of their own poor decision making. Meeke was the development driver for the car and no-one seems able to drive it with any combination of speed and stability - Ostberg seems to find it less predictable than the Ford and we know how well Mikkelsen's test went.

They've failed their chance to land Ogier, Neuville, Lappi, Tanak and Mikkelsen onto their driving team and are now suffering as a result IMO.

To answer the question, I'm disappointed as Meeke is a great character and shows genuine speed, but I don't blame them at all for this decision at this time. I do blame them for being in this position.
    aka Rodger Davies

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th May 2018),AnttiL (27th May 2018),bassist (25th May 2018),dimviii (25th May 2018),dnb (25th May 2018),Eli (26th May 2018),itix (26th May 2018),LeeHendrie (27th May 2018),Micke_VOC (28th May 2018),mknight (25th May 2018),noel157 (25th May 2018),pantealex (27th May 2018),Rally Power (30th May 2018),sonnybobiche (30th May 2018),the sniper (26th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    People saying Citroen should pull out? What sort of rally fan wants that? If you go watch any rally stageside, two or three extra works cars are great to see and they've got an interesting car and team - I hope they stay a lot longer and come back stronger.

Do I agree with the decision? Depends on their plans. If they're pulling out at the end of the year and don't care about a win (which I hope they don't), it makes sense to replace him with Ostberg and spend a bit less money. If they are staying, and they have a plan to put Tidemand or Bonato in the car for a few rounds just to test them, then fair enough.

I can understand their frustration with Meeke but the situation they're in is a reflection of their own poor decision making. Meeke was the development driver for the car and no-one seems able to drive it with any combination of speed and stability - Ostberg seems to find it less predictable than the Ford and we know how well Mikkelsen's test went.

They've failed their chance to land Ogier, Neuville, Lappi, Tanak and Mikkelsen onto their driving team and are now suffering as a result IMO.

To answer the question, I'm disappointed as Meeke is a great character and shows genuine speed, but I don't blame them at all for this decision at this time. I do blame them for being in this position.
    Well said, I would like Kris to be given a car that he doesn't have to over drive. I think that will show his true speed.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassist View Post
    Well said, I would like Kris to be given a car that he doesn't have to over drive. I think that will show his true speed.
    Its not a matter of overdriving... he is like Latavla he cannot control his limits.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Its not a matter of overdriving... he is like Latavla he cannot control his limits.
    Interesting comparison, like Meeke in 16 and Latvala in 17, very little expectation and pressure, as mentioned in other thread maybe they both can't handle pressure so well, but think they do overdrive the cars to compensate.

Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    i think Meeke is a great personality and talent to have in the WRC, but based on the information presented via the media and his performances/results, i really can't blame Citroen for letting him go at this time.
    and i agree with some of the others above, if Meeke is given a Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, whatever, i still think he will win some and crash...i don't think his driving style will change much.
    For a while i had hoped he'd have a more measured approach and maybe settle for the 3rd/5th spots when he couldn't do any better, as even with him not pushing 100%, he could get in these positions given his talent. It really disappointing for him, the team, management and fans when he even crashes on events where he has nothing to gain by pushing---and unnecessarily costly for the team in terms of man-hours, chassis, parts,etc. On the events he could challenge, then by all means go for it. All of this is in view that at the top level a lot is expected of you as a professional driver, it's your/team job to deliver results and follow orders and strategy when required to optimize results.
    i hope he finds a drive otherwise and i hope he proves me wrong and can drive more measured when required. I'd be happy to be wrong in that likelihood.

i don't necessarily think Citroen is going to leave the WRC at the end of the season either. During this time, if they can afford to, they can "test" some of the other drivers mentioned before to help fill the spot at the end of the season and further refine the car.

8. Likes: WUff1 (26th May 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    time for Breen to shine in my opinion. Good road position for the coming rallys, pressure should be off in a way as Citroen clearly can't expect any hopes or targets anymore for this year. In my opinion Breen should display consistency and bringing car home first, and display raw speed when he can (Sweden was a good example).

10. Likes: TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassist View Post
    He has been overdriving and crashing every car he has ever raced. That clearly shows that the problem is not the car, it's meeke not knowing the limits.

12. Likes: A FONDO (27th May 2018),steve.mandzij (27th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    He has been overdriving and crashing every car he has ever raced. That clearly shows that the problem is not the car, it's meeke not knowing the limits.
    Agree, at one point I understand that the people at Citroen lost their patience and showed Kris exit door....

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Of course I agree. Meeke must be kept away from any motored or motorless vehicle.