Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: 2018 spain gp

  1. #21
    Senior Member N. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodridge, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    3,779
    Like
    142
    Liked 315 Times in 209 Posts
    That's a good question but I don't have a good answer.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Cowtown, Canada
    Posts
    13,789
    Like
    24
    Liked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Borecelona
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

  3. Likes: A FONDO (14th May 2018),donKey jote (14th May 2018)
  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,022
    Like
    0
    Liked 196 Times in 159 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Grosjean is a madman. That deserves a race ban. Absolute madness. Unbelievable
    Grosjean did not do a stupid thing really He was trying to avoid running into the car ahead of him and lost the back of the Haas. The puzzling thing was why he did not run straight on into the gravel. But that is easy to say, l was not seating in the car at that moment. He was just unlucky, l think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,200
    Like
    51
    Liked 262 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Grosjean did not do a stupid thing really He was trying to avoid running into the car ahead of him and lost the back of the Haas. The puzzling thing was why he did not run straight on into the gravel. But that is easy to say, l was not seating in the car at that moment. He was just unlucky, l think.
    No he was just an idiot that applied the throttle mid spin

  6. Likes: A FONDO (14th May 2018)
  7. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,394
    Like
    71
    Liked 99 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No he was just an idiot that applied the throttle mid spin


    I thought he'd put the dodgy driving patch he went through behind him ling ago ... absolute zero chance of that Ferrari drive he was hoping for now.
    At this rate he needs to see the shrink that helped him last time and have no more mistakes if he wants to rescue his career methinks.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

  8. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gran Canaria
    Posts
    1,381
    Like
    243
    Liked 152 Times in 111 Posts
    Another driver who didn't exactly cover himself in glory this time around was Verstappen. He was super lucky not to end up needing another pitstop or racking up yet another DNF through his own fault.

  9. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,479
    Like
    25
    Liked 315 Times in 261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Another driver who didn't exactly cover himself in glory this time around was Verstappen. He was super lucky not to end up needing another pitstop or racking up yet another DNF through his own fault.
    Despite hitting another driver from behind , and dropping wing bits on the racing line later in the lap , Max found himself on the podium .
    I"m guessing that it was because he didn't cut Lance's tire ?
    But then , didn't I see that wing bit sparking away under somebody else's car ?

    It seemed all a bit dodgy to me , as the only talk about it was it's effect on the downforce , not the crappy driving involved .

  10. Likes: Tazio (16th May 2018),truefan72 (16th May 2018)
  11. #28
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,130
    Like
    608
    Liked 191 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Despite hitting another driver from behind , and dropping wing bits on the racing line later in the lap , Max found himself on the podium .
    I"m guessing that it was because he didn't cut Lance's tire ?
    But then , didn't I see that wing bit sparking away under somebody else's car ?

    It seemed all a bit dodgy to me , as the only talk about it was it's effect on the downforce , not the crappy driving involved .
    agreed!
    you can't argue with results

  12. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,418
    Like
    101
    Liked 97 Times in 73 Posts
    Look at this video guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqTWWnQXuc

    Crashstrappen hits him BEFORE the light turns green.

  13. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gran Canaria
    Posts
    1,381
    Like
    243
    Liked 152 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Look at this video guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqTWWnQXuc

    Crashstrappen hits him BEFORE the light turns green.
    Which light would that be? I can only see one light trackside and the video isn't all that good, so I can't really know whether that is yellow or green.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •