Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 205 Times in 118 Posts

Corbeau Seats Rally First closed road event under new regs

http://corbeauseatsrally.co.uk/

Quite a big deal for UK rallying well at least England wise, with the first closed roads event to be held. Hoping it goes off well and safe with no "local" issues as I believe a lot of clubs and local authorities will be watching with interest.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (21st April 2018),Rally Power (21st April 2018)
    Liked 475 Times in 273 Posts
    I wish everybody all the luck in the world - and hope it's a big success. It really is a way pointer for the future of the sport in the UK. Following it on Twitter seems to be the best way to go.

Saying that, considering it's an important event for the sport, I haven't seen a lot of comment from the wider UK motorsport community.......Rallying does seem to be the 'ugly little brother' of motorsport.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,211 Times in 2,252 Posts
    Is this just a one-off 'test event' or part of a Championship ? I recognise many of the entrants from the Asphalt Championship...
    The Incurable Enthusiast

As you will see from the regs its not a round of any championship. However as its such a pioneering event you can understand why so many of our top tarmac crews want to be part of UK motorsport history.

I've been to the events held on New Brighton promenade roads (Prom Stages & Rally Wales) ... whats the difference here ?

Liked 288 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I've been to the events held on New Brighton promenade roads (Prom Stages & Rally Wales) ... whats the difference here ?
    Those probably aren't adopted highway, so count as private roads.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Those probably aren't adopted highway, so count as private roads.
    They are normal roads for public use. Maybe its because its a 'singe-stage' used in several different formations. Although I think it was just one stage of Rally Wales in the early 2000's...

Anyway this Corbeau Seats Rally is using several different real roads across a much larger area. Good to see.

Liked 288 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They are normal roads for public use.
    There is a difference between a road that's available for public use and what's actually a public road. The Tirabad road on Epynt is similar.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

From their website in 2017:

"Wallasey Motor Club Promenade Stages Rally

This annual event takes on Kings Parade New Brighton on 1st & 2ndSeptember 2017.

Winners of Wirral Event of the Year' 2014 The Promenade Stages Rally is the only closed road stage rally in the country, attracting top drivers from all over the UK to tackle this unique event with its challenging twists and turns, where being neat, tidy and precise as well as quick, can secure the win.

This event offers the spectators excellent viewing of the entire stage, and allows them to get close to the cars and chat to the crews in the open service area."

Lets not caught up in technicalities Been to the Prom stages several times and its a great event however the Corbeau is a totally different kettle of fish as it was five separate stages spread out over a much wider area.

It was very much a pioneering event for the UK, certainly England wise and from what I've read elsewhere was an unqualified success. I know we are never going to have as many events as they do in Ireland or on mainland Europe but in these days of ever reducing venues for our sport its got to be the way to go and is hopefully a spring board to more closed road rallies on our little island.