Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Ricciardo's future

So today's win at the Chinese GP is raising his profile at a most convenient time for him, as his contract with Red Bull is coming to an end and there may just be juicy openings at Mercedes and perhaps Ferrari. What do you people thing?

Interestingly, Autosport yesterday published that Ricciardo is becoming less and less optimistic over Renault. Whether this is actually meaningful or not, I don't know, but I'm fairly certain that the guy wants a faster car and the current top two teams need a faster second driver.

That said, I don't see Ferrari pairing Vettel with Ricciardo. That didn't go all that well for Seb last time around.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    So today's win at the Chinese GP is raising his profile at a most convenient time for him, as his contract with Red Bull is coming to an end and there may just be juicy openings at Mercedes and perhaps Ferrari. What do you people thing?

Interestingly, Autosport yesterday published that Ricciardo is becoming less and less optimistic over Renault. Whether this is actually meaningful or not, I don't know, but I'm fairly certain that the guy wants a faster car and the current top two teams need a faster second driver.

That said, I don't see Ferrari pairing Vettel with Ricciardo. That didn't go all that well for Seb last time around.
    If you look back to Ricciado in the cool off room with Bottas and Kimi. The body language of the two fins were of " Here is the guy looking to steal my seat". This race has simply put the message very clearly to Wolff and Arrivabene to make up their minds very quickly about him. Lets face it, it is a race between Mercedes and Ferrari to sign Ricciado. He is simply the most exciting driver available in 2019. And l doubt Redbull would be able to hang on to him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th April 2018 at 11:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Lets face it, it is a race between Mercedes and Ferrari to sign Ricciado. He is simply the most exciting driver available in 2019. And l doubt Redbull would be able to hang on to him.
    Kimi retires at the end of 2018 at age 39; Danny Ric takes a Ferrari seat. Ferrari has the numbers 5 & 3 on their cars in 2019.

This story almost writes itself.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Kimi retires at the end of 2018 at age 39; Danny Ric takes a Ferrari seat. Ferrari has the numbers 5 & 3 on their cars in 2019.

Why do you assume Ric can't sit in Mercedes, taking the seat of Bostas who went to Ferrari?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Let's not assume that Ferrari will necessarily let go Raikkonen so easily. He is a great team player. Just recall how he rode on spent tires in Chinese GP way too long without complaining in order to back up the rest of the field (and back up Bottas into Vettel).

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

Will that mean the cars will then drive themselves?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Rumour has it that Ricciado has signed an option with Ferrari. That makes sense, the Ferrari is looking like the car to beat at the mo, besides, l am sure Ricciado would rather fight Vettel in the other car than Hamilton.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    l am sure Ricciado would rather fight Vettel in the other car than Hamilton.

Agreed but don't you think Vet would have any say in who becomes his team mate? I don't know but if he does, there is no way he would agree to Danny (or Lewis) going to Ferrari unless they accepted No2 driver status.

Interesting times ahead either way..

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Agreed but don't you think Vet would have any say in who becomes his team mate? I don't know but if he does, there is no way he would agree to Danny (or Lewis) going to Ferrari unless they accepted No2 driver status.

Interesting times ahead either way..
    Ferrari does not run two No1 drivers, chances are one of them is destined to be a No2 driver. And, l can't see that being Vettel. At least, Ricciado would have a good chance to fight for No1 status on track by beating Vettel consistently. Which l think he quietly thinks he might be able to do. Vettel has not being at his best of late, though he has won races in the opening rounds. Kimi has been the faster driver over two of the three races. Austrailia was just so cruel to him. And he was used like a rolling road block in oe of the following races, which was a pity because he may have been in a good position to win that race if he had been run in a normal race strategy.
    Whatever the case, l would love to see some inside pressure on Vettel for a change. Kimi has been such a good team player.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 30th April 2018 at 17:11.
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: Mia 01 (25th April 2018),Tazio (25th April 2018),zako85 (29th April 2018)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    You've got to wonder how much of an impact will today have in Ricciardo's future. If Red Bull don't take measures to prevent this kind of BS driving from Max, that's one more reason for Daniel not to renew his contract with them.