Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I think Fred deserves a shout out. Not likely to last but he occupy s 4th place in the drivers championship,and very quietly moved from 13th to 7th in Bahrain!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgh2wcECJng
    I just cringed when l tried to commend that performance. It was such a waste of a pure talent. He should he hassling the back-end of the sharp end of the grid and threatening to get on the podium at the slightest opportunity. 7th was not anywhere near his best position last year. It was a frustrating weekend at Mclaren.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    . 7th was not anywhere near his best position last year.
    7th is close to 6th no?
    This season Fred has 16 points after 2 races. He totaled 17 in the entirety of the 2017 campaign!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    It was a rather entertaining race even though the end result was disappointing. Bravo ragazzi, grazie mille, mama mia, pizza carbonara, Toto Cutugno, coco di mama. What an annoying creature

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    7th is close to 6th no?
    This season Fred has 16 points after 2 races. He totaled 17 in the entirety of the 2017 campaign!
    I suppose there is always a silver lining. But we sort expected a Mclaren onslaught on Redbull and occasionally getting in the hair of Ferrari or Mercedes. What we have so far is a damp squid. Even Fred says Mclaren have to raise their game.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    I suppose there is always a silver lining. But we sort expected a Mclaren onslaught on Redbull and occasionally getting in the hair of Ferrari or Mercedes. What we have so far is a damp squid. Even Fred says Mclaren have to raise their game.
    I was not commending McLaren. The fact that the car is buried in the midfield makes Fred's racing look that much better, and reason to give him credit !
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Why not commend McLaren , anyway ?
    They are light years away from where they were with Honda , and using a whole new engine they just got .

They'll get it sorted as they get to know it better .

I wasn't really expecting them to be dicing right at the front right away , so I think the term "damp squib"(that's the term , by the way . It's the Williams that's the "squid") is a little harsh .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Why not commend McLaren , anyway ?
    They are light years away from where they were with Honda , and using a whole new engine they just got .
    But are they? The so called Honda Engine just put Gasly's Torro Rosso into 4th in Bahrain with Alonso just managing 7th after what was a very tough race for Mclaren. Their testing was poor with tons of reliability issues and their actual pace is well short of the benchmark set by Redbull. Pacewise they clearly behind Haas and Torro Rosso is threatening to spoil their party as well.

We can try to put a brave face on it, but on the facts, they are not looking good.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    So much for all the Toro Rosso-Honda hype from Bahrain. They're 15th and 17th in Q1, the latter being Bahrain star Gasly.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    So much for all the Toro Rosso-Honda hype from Bahrain. They're 15th and 17th in Q1, the latter being Bahrain star Gasly.
    I would not vread too much into that. The rain through the nigh and the low temperatures gave must teams a hrad time with setup. Torro Rosso like Mercedes could not find the sweet spot for Qualifying. Their race pace would reveal a difference story on race day. And feel the Honda engine had nothing to do with Torro Rosso's bad form. It was simply out of window tyres issues and chassis configuration short fall.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I would not vread too much into that. The rain through the nigh and the low temperatures gave must teams a hrad time with setup. Torro Rosso like Mercedes could not find the sweet spot for Qualifying. Their race pace would reveal a difference story on race day. And feel the Honda engine had nothing to do with Torro Rosso's bad form. It was simply out of window tyres issues and chassis configuration short fall.
    Yeah, but why are we assuming that the Toro Rosso-Honda combination is a cracker when they were worthless in Oz and also China qualifying? The car can't be a dog if they got a 4th place in Bahrain (helped by the Bull's and Räikkönen issues, of course), but surely the other teams dropped the ball quite a bit as well?