Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

2018 Bahrain F1 Grandprix

The F1 roadshow heads to the floodlite desert track of Bahrain. The scene of the epic battle of will between Hamilton and Rosberg in 2014. Hamilton comes into this race bruised from a win that got away from him at Australia. The Mercedes team being reminded by Ferrari that they intend to spoil the party for the dominant Mercedes whenever the Petronas team is anything short of being perfect.

Although Vettel was third best all weekend at Melbourne, he lucked into a win due to the VSC and a software glitch on the bank of computers of the Mercedes pitwall. Vettel would take heart from this win and come into this weekend with the belief that Mercedes can be beaten. He certainly wiped the smile from Hamilton's face. But Hamilton shall be very determined to return the favour at this weekend at Bahrain.
    The three long straight of Sekar would suggest that this is a track that would suit the Mercedes. But the overall lap suggest that Ferrari might have a toe in the fight for a win.

This is a race where a few teams are looking to better their performances at Australia. The Redbulls did not get a chance to show how competitive they are. Hence we should not rule out a surprise Redbull win this weekend. Especially if one of the Redbulls qualify in the first two rows of the grid.

Haas also have something to prove. They spectacularly dropped the ball in Australia. It is hard enough in the very tight midfield to be making that sort of costly mistake. So they would be very keen to finish the race without pitstop errors. Amid claims that the Hass is last year's Ferrari, which Stiener vehemently denies, l fully expect them to get in the hair of the Redbulls again. A situation that Ferrari no doubt are aware of, the utility of Haas harassing the Redbull gives Ferrari a free run at the Mercedes. If this situation continues till the end of the season, the title fight shall be a head to head between an unperturbed Ferrari and Mercedes.

That said who would you put your money on to win the race this weekend?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th April 2018 at 13:46.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: Mia 01 (6th April 2018)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm going to go with Seb to win this race after we've known that The Boss will be getting a 5-place grid drop.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Yeah, the 5-place grid penalties are starting early.

Hopefully we'll see some more overtaking at Bahrain; I don't think we've really seen yet what the relative performance of the cars actually is. My sense is that Merc still has a meaningful edge, but I don't really know yet what the relative performance of RBR and Ferrari is, or whether McLaren actually has something this year.

Oh, and I'm hoping Haas has got their act together on pit stops. I must say this was a nice touch from Romain, though: https://twitter.com/F1/status/977928...6321074abb379c

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Oh, and I'm hoping Haas has got their act together on pit stops. I must say this was a nice touch from Romain, though: https://twitter.com/F1/status/977928...6321074abb379c
    https://gfycat.com/NervousInfiniteArcticseal
    May the forza be with you

6. Likes: Bagwan (7th April 2018),Duncan (7th April 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm going to go with Seb to win this race after we've known that The Boss will be getting a 5-place grid drop.
    The reds looked strong yesterday but Bahrain has always been one of Vettel's poorest tracks.

All I hope for is a big amount of overtakes on this wonderful circuit.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    And a win for Kimi if not he fave to let Seb by. We will see

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Kimi in the Ferrari is looking very good in Bahrain. Shame if he has to hand the win over to Seb for the second race in a row!
    May the forza be with you

10. Likes: Mia 01 (9th April 2018)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    With 4 minutes to the end of Q2, aside from Verstappen screwing up for the second race in a row, the most shocking thing is how McLaren seem to have dropped the ball. More than two seconds away from P1. And Gasly, with a Honda engine, is more than six tenths ahead of Alonso.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Does anyone happen to know what causes the white light effect at the rears of the cars? They all seem to do it, but it's only apparent at racing speed.

It appears to come from under the rear light area - more of a light or flame in appearance, rather than dust or water vapour. I suppose it's possible that they do this all the time, but it's only visible in the night sessions. IMG_20180407_174447563.jpgIMG_20180407_175714625.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Qualifying was interesting. Hamilton 4th before taking his penalty. He may be lucky to get any points in the race. Nice to see Haas do well again.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover