Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Yeah, but why are we assuming that the Toro Rosso-Honda combination is a cracker when they were worthless in Oz and also China qualifying? The car can't be a dog if they got a 4th place in Bahrain (helped by the Bull's and Räikkönen issues, of course), but surely the other teams dropped the ball quite a bit as well?
    Quite true, but that car in its sweet spot seem quite good. It has to be, to best of the rest in the presence of Renault, Mclaren and Haas in Bahrain. It is not in its sweet spot in China and Gasly said so.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

What do everyone think of the Verstapenn's failed overtake that resulted in his tyre puncture? It seemed quite reckless and wasteful to the team to me.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    To continue the previous discussion, as a seasoned armchair engineer, I would point out the tyres as a possible reason for the wild performance variations we're seeing for some teams. There are new tyres for this year and the teams are much closer, so an issue with the tyres can easily turn the best of the rest into the bottom-feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What do everyone think of the Verstapenn's failed overtake that resulted in his tyre puncture? It seemed quite reckless and wasteful to the team to me.
    Well, I think that's just Verstappen at his reckless best/worst. The latter word we only choose depending on whether the pass sticks or not. He's a driver who always puts in high-risk moves and he's cherished for it, but it doesn't quite work all of the time.

I also believe that Hamilton had a significant part in the accident. He's someone who isn't intimidated by the chance of having an accident during an overtake, as we saw with Rosberg in Belgium a couple of years ago and Barcelona in 2016. As with Verstappen, sometimes it makes him hold a position, while others it earns him a crash or makes him limp back to the pits.
    Last edited by N4D13; 15th April 2018 at 07:34.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    To continue the previous discussion, as a seasoned armchair engineer, I would point out the tyres as a possible reason for the wild performance variations we're seeing for some teams. There are new tyres for this year and the teams are much closer, so an issue with the tyres can easily turn the best of the rest into the bottom-feeder.

Well, I think that's just Verstappen at his reckless best/worst. The latter word we only choose depending on whether the pass sticks or not. He's a driver who always puts in high-risk moves and he's cherished for it, but it doesn't quite work all of the time.

I also believe that Hamilton had a significant part in the accident. He's someone who isn't intimidated by the chance of having an accident during an overtake, as we saw with Rosberg in Belgium a couple of years ago and Barcelona in 2016. As with Verstappen, sometimes it makes him hold a position, while others it earns him a crash or makes him limp back to the pits.
    I think Hamilton and Vettel have got fedup with Verstapenn's antics and are putting him in his place. Hamilton in Bahrain and Vettel in China. The whipper snapper would think twice when attempting an overtake of the big boys next time l think.
    William Shakespeare