Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    No doubts about both Honda and Toyota (once again) have failed to build a competitive car, but they might make some progress who knows ? Personally I am still confident about Jarno, he has the skills to bring Toyota on podium already in the next race You should think the same Clark
    At least half the grid has the skills to put a car on the top of the podium and almost all of them can get a podium in the right car!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Toyota seems to be one of the most underrated teams. For example there has been talks about about Red Bull's, Honda's, Williams's, BMW's, whoever's, rise and on the contrary, you are ignoring Toyota? You are talking about everyone that they can do better and are on a rise. And the only one you are downplaying is Toyota. Most of you thought before the start of the season that they even won't finish even in Constructors Top6, but what is the reality? Strong 5th position with good chances of attacking fourth. Yeah sure, they have their structural problems, which prevent them to rise to the top, BUT I'm also convinced that people make to look Toyota worse than they actually are.

I tend to second to pino (we are the only Toyota supporters on this forum, so no surprise that others are trying to make anti-Toyota propaganda and wish to see them dropping backwards as it looks as though as Toyota has been consistently moving forward. I'm not expecting a podium, but I'm looking forward to see them as fourth best at Barcelona behind Ferraris, McLarens and BMWs - therefore finishing 7th and 8th. But unlike you I'm also trying not to underestimate rivals and expect Renault, Red Bull and maybe even Williams giving a good fight for them for those last point positions.

But... where I'm expecting a podium, is of course Monaco, Trulli's favourite circuit. With a couple of retirements only five damn laps separated him from podium last year. Who knows, maybe this will happen again?

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens

I tend to second to pino (we are the only Toyota supporters on this forum, so no surprise that others are trying to make anti-Toyota propaganda and wish to see them dropping backwards
    Sorry but I am a Trulli fan...not a Toyota's :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Sorry but I am a Trulli fan...not a Toyota's :
    True, but it should automatically mean that you have to support Toyota as well.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    it looks as though as Toyota has been consistently moving forward.
    We must be watching a different Toyota

All I have seen over the past few seasons is a full manufaturer-based team, with by far the largest workforce and by far the largest budget, with the most high-tech facilities of any team consistanly performing midfield or worse.

They had one of the best designers of his generation and because he didn't pull magic out of the hat within the first year, they sacked him. They have had more managers/chief engineers in their short history than I've had jobs, and I've had a lot of jobs.

If it wasn't for the sheer bloody-mindedness and desire to beat Honda then Toyota would have pulled the plug a long time ago and I doubt whether we will see them fund the F1 project for much longer either.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

By "moving forward" I meant their progress during this season.

In Australia they had no chance against Renault and also Williams slightly managed to beat them.
    In Malaysia they gap between them and Williams didn't get smaller, but at the same time they were already only a couple of seconds behind Renault.
    In Bahrain Toyota already managed to beat Renault and Williams. So so far Toyota has developed forward faster than for example those two teams. Also in Australia Toyota was lapped, but wasn't lapped at Sepang and Sakhir.

Anything else ununderstandable?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    By "moving forward" I meant their progress during this season.

In Australia they had no chance against Renault and also Williams slightly managed to beat them.
    In Malaysia they gap between them and Williams didn't get smaller, but at the same time they were already only a couple of seconds behind Renault.
    In Bahrain Toyota already managed to beat Renault and Williams. So so far Toyota has developed forward faster than for example those two teams. Also in Australia Toyota was lapped, but wasn't lapped at Sepang and Sakhir.

Anything else ununderstandable?
    And you call that progress? Wow, not much needed to impress you, is there? Personally I see very little, if any, improvement over the past few seasons, let alone the last three races. But I'd wait until at least half way through this season to say whether they've made any advancements on their previous poor record.

I hope Jarno, or Ralph for that matter, prove me wrong, and they both finish on the podium and maybe even start winning races, it would be good for the sport to have another title contender. But until they do many people, myself included, will see Toyota F1 as under-achievers.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    And you call that progress? Wow, not much needed to impress you, is there?
    The name of that attitude is to find positive even in small things. Things can always be worse than they actually are... and even if there isn't a way to fall deeper, then the consolation is that it can't get more worse. :