Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    I think the inexperience of their driver lineup and the unreliability of the Honda will move them down a step on the ladder.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    . Now would you bet against them going for the 2019 title next season?
    Yes, I would. Honda have shown nothing since their re-entry into F1 (or indeed since 1991) that would imply they are capable of creating a championship-winning engine. I doubt Button would have won in 2009 had he been powered by Honda rather than Mercedes.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Yes, I would. Honda have shown nothing since their re-entry into F1 (or indeed since 1991) that would imply they are capable of creating a championship-winning engine. I doubt Button would have won in 2009 had he been powered by Honda rather than Mercedes.
    Hmmm... McLarens chassis/aero inadequacies has also made the Honda unit look even worse though.

Armed with all the Torro Rosso/Honda unit data they have gone ahead with the switch... which they would not have done if they didnt know/believe it can improve them.

Probably too many ifs and unknowns to make an educated guess but with Newey on board, I wouldnt write them off just yet. Their overall competitiveness has surprised me this season so much that it genuinely wouldnt surprise me if they came became real contenders next year.

Lets hope so..