Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Good close times today but a pity they were so hard to follow with the timing system..

Some great viewing on All Live though.

Excellent job by Tanak but there is still a a lot can happen, especially 2 runs of the 40km stage tomorrow and possible bad weather.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 5,498 Times in 2,280 Posts

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Could it possible be that the delay in live coverage is a built in planned safety item like happens with some other sports and news programs so that if something untoward like a very bad accident happens they have time to switch to something else and not show what actually happened in live coverage.
    As an example should a fatal accident occur should that be in full up to the second live broadcast.

Imagine people sitting at home seeing the car of a family member or friend disappearing over a cliff into a river with the live broadcast of them in the car still running for them and the world to see.
    Imagine how you would feel if you had to sit there and watch that.

I know what I felt watching Hayden and John live when they had their accident at the beginning of last season and if you are observant you will have noticed that the delay has been in the system since that event

I think that a delay system is very responsible on any live broadcast.

4. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (28th April 2018),pantealex (28th April 2018),skarderud (28th April 2018)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Fair enough I suppose, but when there is live timing and social media it makes for strange viewing being 'ahead' of the action and commentators...

6. Likes: pantealex (28th April 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Fair enough I suppose, but when there is live timing and social media it makes for strange viewing being 'ahead' of the action and commentators...
    You are not wrong there but when we think about it there usually is a reason for things happening as they do, frustrating as they are.

8. Likes: pantealex (28th April 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Could it possible be that the delay in live coverage is a built in planned safety item like happens with some other sports and news programs so that if something untoward like a very bad accident happens they have time to switch to something else and not show what actually happened in live coverage.
    As an example should a fatal accident occur should that be in full up to the second live broadcast.
    no... in rallying no matter how bad the accident you cannot tell if it is fatal or not right away.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Neuville
    "It was perfect management, we did the maximum I think, we drove fast without risking a mistake, then we managed according to the conditions, we had to try to avoid punctures, it was not easy We did not make a mistake, we are 3rd and close to 2nd place, and Toyota, and mainly Tanak, continues in the same vein from Mexico. he is very good and very efficient, he flew during the day, impossible to follow, "Neuville explained to our microphone.

Before adding, about the fog that could make his appearance Saturday: "If there is only a little, we will all be happy.All can collapse in a special, you have to spend a good night Nobody likes to ride in the fog, at the level of the notes it will be necessary to have more information about the distances between the turns .. The fog is different for each driver, because we run every three minutes, so you have to have a stroke of luck. "
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...vre?id=9904425

Ogier
    "I think I can be satisfied, it's a great day for us, we were expecting to suffer, the first stage smiled on us with the dust that slowed down our competitors." The bill would be even more salty tonight. Apart from Tanak, who was on another planet, we are close to the others, he never really surprises me, he is an excellent pilot, very fast, and last year, at Ford cars, we were very close to Most of the time, it's up to him for the time he achieved when he was third on the road, "explained the defending champion at the microphone of our colleague Olivier Gaspard, RTBF's special correspondent in Argentina.

The fog could cloud the cards on Saturday. "A dry road is simpler than in foggy conditions, we will have to go through traps and try to do our best." The goal for Saturday is second place, Tanak seems unreachable. others, including Neuville, and we try to get the best possible position, "added Ogier.
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...ace?id=9904493

11. Likes: dnb (30th April 2018)
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    I've been dabbling with some graphical reports of WRC rally data - here's the story so far for Rally Argentina: https://wrcargentina2018.rallydatajunkie.com/

spchart_full.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    no... in rallying no matter how bad the accident you cannot tell if it is fatal or not right away.
    That is why they don't take chances, hence the delay

I think that an in-car camera live broadcasting what happened should something like Henri Toivonen's accident reoccur would even sicken you.
    I have attended a road accident where two people were burnt to death, the smell of them burning never leaves you.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    That is why they don't take chances, hence the delay

I think that an in-car camera live broadcasting what happened should something like Henri Toivonen's accident reoccur would even sicken you.
    I have attended a road accident where two people were burnt to death, the smell of them burning never leaves you.
    the delay is because they are useless...

there are many ways to cut the feed suddenly in todays era of telecommunications....