Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hard to expect anyone else to win the upcoming gravel rallies as much as Tänak. Quick in Portugal and even won Sardegna last year. If the car holds up, nothing is stopping him.
    naaah, careful with that, you never know...last year a lot of people expected him to win Poland and Finland after Sardegna win but he messed up both of those.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: AnttiL (30th April 2018),cali (30th April 2018)
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    "I'd rather be on the podium and get a better result, but those are good points we're getting in. Thanks to the units in the Power Stage, it's more or less equivalent to a podium place. At least, this result will prevent Thierry from crying because he does not have the best car.Well, he will cry anyway because the Toyota was faster.We know that Thierry and Ott are my two rivals for the Ott has made a great rally, the battle will be tough, "detailed Ogier at the microphone of our colleague RTBF Olivier Gaspard, special correspondent in Argentina.

"Our Ford has been less efficient, I have to find the reason, I have my idea, the rally, anyway, it's always a compromise, we're aiming for the best package everywhere. season, but as in Argentina last year, we were not very fast here, we lack grip, we have to work on this point.In Portugal, we will try to do better than here.If it is completely dry there is a good chance we will suffer, we look at the general picture and we will try to do the best, "concluded the defending champion.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...05491#comments
    Ogier at his best

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    naaah, careful with that, you never know...last year a lot of people expected him to win Poland and Finland after Sardegna win but he messed up both of those.
    I think the only reliable thing about trying to predict rally results is that anything can happen and the prediction is usually wrong.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

+1
    we cant extract conclusions,even we have to admit that Tanak is maybe the most formed driver at the moment.
    Rallies will be won, by the driver who will setup his car, in that way that he can trust to push at 100%
    We saw Ogier at previous rally,untouchable.
    At this rally he was lost.
    the driver who will setup properly from stage 1 have the most chances.
    trying to setup correctly the car at day 1,the rally is lost.Tanak (or whatever driver)build half minute difference,and you cant do something but to settle for 2nd/3rd etc.
    Differences at cars are minimal imho performance speaking.
    Last edited by dimviii; 30th April 2018 at 15:25.

6. Likes: cali (1st May 2018),EstWRC (30th April 2018),pantealex (30th April 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Ogier at his best

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    thats at his best.

8. Likes: Andre Oliveira (30th April 2018),br21 (1st May 2018),cali (1st May 2018),EstWRC (30th April 2018),gorganl2000 (30th April 2018),juhoman (1st May 2018),Kalm (30th April 2018),Lead (30th April 2018),Micke_VOC (30th April 2018),Mirek (30th April 2018),NickRally (30th April 2018)
    lol

OT:
    Yes, definitely I would say more or less that maybe for the first rally in my career I never changed anything. I did a small adjustment during the shakedown, after the first run, but after this everything was exactly the same. Sometimes it was difficult to come back to Service without any complaint! It’s not an easy feeling.

https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-tanak-i...fident-feeling

10. Likes: cali (1st May 2018),EstWRC (30th April 2018),Mirek (30th April 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Team can nominate a maximum of 3 drivers. Best 2 of the nominated drivers score manufacturer points.

4th driver can collect drivers points and power stage points. Fourth driver increases potential for team orders that influence drivers championship points only. The 4th non nominated driver cannot have any effect on manufacturer points.
    They are entering four cars in order to give Paddon and Sordo equal amount of rallies this year. Of course the drivers and fans would love to have more of four car entries, but in practice, having the fourth car is just an expense and won't help the team in any way, except by the fourth driver helping their title contender by taking points off other drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I think the only reliable thing about trying to predict rally results is that anything can happen and the prediction is usually wrong.

I have predicted the winner in the last four rallies.

And he came close to messing up Sardenga (missing junction on last day), Germany (hanging in the ditch for a long stretch) and Argentina (hitting a stone, spinning and breaking the steering). All of those could have ended worse, or the Poland and Finland incidents could have been nothing. There's always an element of luck when driving on the limit.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    ”Kalle’s speed and analysis show unique potential. Nobody could have driven faster in a WRC2-car than Kalle did on SS17. Sadly it ended in a spectacular crash..” concludes Kalle Rovanperä’s Manager Timo Jouhki.