Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 LastLast
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    I don't really remember well but I think that Tidemand had similar crash into the trees (or it was Lappi) maybe 2 years ago? It was pretty rough and with Skoda Fabia R5 in it's early years of development.
    Here You go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DT44-BxZkBM

And Veiby as well: https://youtu.be/Ty9h4zEbT7o?t=31

The point is that near everyone had such crash. Hell even never crashing Kopecký had a monstrous crash in 2003 in which he or his co-driver could have died - that crash was likely worse than those of Rovanperä, Tidemand and Veiby combined ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z47SZtahk20 ). Even Ogier had a crash which could have been fatal ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPRs_AswDQ ) The point is to learn from the accidents not to be scared to crash from the beginning. You won't win anything if you drive thinking about how not to crash.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd May 2018),AnttiL (2nd May 2018),cali (3rd May 2018),HenryEST (2nd May 2018),Micke_VOC (2nd May 2018),Rallyper (2nd May 2018),TWRC (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Master of crashes is we all know who. Award goes to Kubica. Last year to Meeke

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Huh, I am tired, just reached home. Just wanted to tell that Rally Argentina is the best event in my mind, safety is actually very good, imagine any other event in the calendar where you have 100 000 spectators in 16 km? and no problems? And if you look at Rovanperas accident site. Did you see anyone walking or spectating there? No, because it was not allowed. Why tents were there? have you been on that stage? It is mostly stones and not very smooth surface, spectators come there couple of days before, they can put their tents there but they are not there during the stage.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

5. Likes: cali (3rd May 2018),EstWRC (2nd May 2018),peter_85 (3rd May 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Huh, I am tired, just reached home. Just wanted to tell that Rally Argentina is the best event in my mind, safety is actually very good, imagine any other event in the calendar where you have 100 000 spectators in 16 km? and no problems? And if you look at Rovanperas accident site. Did you see anyone walking or spectating there? No, because it was not allowed. Why tents were there? have you been on that stage? It is mostly stones and not very smooth surface, spectators come there couple of days before, they can put their tents there but they are not there during the stage.
    100% agree with you Bluuford, from what I experienced in Argentina 2017 spectator safety was very good. What really impressed me is how spectators policed themselves, if someone was in a bad place other responsible spectators were very quick to let them know that they needed to move to somewhere safer. 1000's of people who do not want a stage cancelled can actually self police themselves very well.
    I would go as far as to say the self controlling by spectators I witnessed in Argentina was better than what I have witnessed in NZ or Australia.
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

7. Likes: cali (3rd May 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    He is the MOST biased. He has praised Hirvonen and Latvala as future champions. Hirvonen never was and Latvala never will be.
    Well the rest must be really Mother Teresa-esque people then, if the most biased award goes to Jouhki for praising that his client, who end up being a four-time runner-up for the title (and came 1 point shy of dethroning Loeb) would be a future champion
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: pantealex (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    100% agree with you Bluuford, from what I experienced in Argentina 2017 spectator safety was very good.
    https://youtu.be/MzwH5Gutbd8?t=26s

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Something you can find on every rally. Just one of those events that attracts every kind of "fans", could be said about motorsport in general.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    well winning his class in rally gb and national events in gb at 17
    who did this?

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

14. Likes: Mirek (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    "I felt confident throughout the weekend, even when fighting for the podium. I felt that I had the situation under control at all times. We need to keep going in this direction."
    He added that while the changes didn't bring more speed out of the car, the increase in confidence allowed him to push for quicker stage times.
    "Putting on a new geometry doesn't get you from A to B any faster but if it gives you confidence that breeds speed and time. Before this rally, I was able to push to do good times but the car was a lot more nervous - you felt like a passenger," he explained.
    With no further gravel testing scheduled before Vodafone Rally de Portugal (17-20 May) Meeke decided to use Sunday's three stages as an opportunity to experiment with different set-ups ahead of the championship's next round.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/may-2...6--12-12-.html