Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I am glad you posted this.
    It's good to wake up and have a laugh.
    smh
    I would be smh if I were you. You're in your 40s, and are a Hamilton fanboy with no objectivity in your opinions at all. Thats embarrassing. At least TBK is still a teenager, so it's understandable for him to be like that.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    LOL

We have to make allowances for the fact that u r Australian. Ricciado is not in the same league as Hamilton. Especially if he is unable to overcome young Verstapenn. That said, l rate him above Bottas, hence, he would be a great replacement for Bottas at Mercedes.

Of the two Redbull drivers, Hamilton sees Verstapenn as the threat of the two when it comes to the championship. It goes to show that Hamilton do not see him as a driver that would bother him in the second Mercedes.
    Nitrodaze. I've already had exchanges with you. You're not a particularly good judge of motor racing. But that's ok, as it's a forum and nothing is on the line.

The only thing Ricciardo lacks relative to Hamilton is the experience in a championship contender, which is a different situation than just driving a car.. Otherwise, they're definitely in the same league.

For example. Ricciardo has finished 3rd in the 14&16 seasons, driving a car that was 2nd the wcc. In 2010&11, when McLaren were 2nd in the wcc, Hamilton finished 4th &5th. McLaren did finish 2nd in both 07&08, but that was due to the off track trouble McLaren had in 07, and Kovalainen producing results well below par. Otherwise it was the best car in the field.

As far as overcoming Verstappen. Ricciardo had the disadvantage of starting 4 places behind Verstappen, and finished 2 places and 20secs ahead of him in the race. This would suggest that he's able to overcome Verstappen. You can throw in setting the fastest lap as well.

These factors, on top of having a reputation as the best passer, suggests Ricciardo is in the same league as Hamilton.

In 2018, Ricciardo is entering his 7the full season of F1. Hamilton is entering his 7th full year with the best car in the field.

You'd have to be a very poor judge of motor racing to not recognise Ricciardo's quality. You are such a poor judge.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I don't think Ricciardo is quite on the same level as Hamilton, but I do believe he is an exceptionally talented racer and one who could snatch a WDC or two from him as Rosberg did. Let us remember that this is the guy who handed Vettel's backside over to him on a plate. So even if he's not GoaT material as Hamilton or Alonso are, he's not your No. 2 driver either, but someone fully worthy of a WDC crown.

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I don't think Ricciardo is quite on the same level as Hamilton, but I do believe he is an exceptionally talented racer and one who could snatch a WDC or two from him as Rosberg did. Let us remember that this is the guy who handed Vettel's backside over to him on a plate. So even if he's not GoaT material as Hamilton or Alonso are, he's not your No. 2 driver either, but someone fully worthy of a WDC crown.
    I think he is quite an accomplished driver, and for the most part holds his own against those with equal cars under them. As you said, he beat Seb in points in the same car, and that is no easy feat. But for the record, in equal cars he has also beaten Lewis. If we can't use Top Gear laps as a gauge, then what else do we have?

But the Aussie GP is really just no gauge at all for the most part. At the pointy end of the field, nobody really took a fight to anyone else. Some closed and attempted to fight for position, others probably just realized it was pointless. And really we all know that the aero packages car to car often dictate who can close and fight and who can't, as well as when and where the power differences come to light.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    N4D13 your estimation is quite correct. I don't think anyone would see Ricciado as a Nos 2 driver, the very reason why he might leave Redbull. And l read alot about him beating Vettel in the Redbull. But no mind is given to the fact that it was a Redbull struggling to be competitive against the Mercs and Ferrari. A not very motivating circumstances for a driver that has tasted the sweet end of four WDC. I would accept these comparisons if Vettel was in his sweet spot and Ricciado beat him fair and square.

I wonder when people undervalue the best driver on the grid and measure him equally to unproven drivers like Ricciado. As if it is easy to win four WDC, l suppose you just have to be in the best car to do it. Webber was in the best car when Vettel won his four, so was Rosberg who won one due to very weird circumstances. While Ricciado is highly rated, he has not convinced anyone that he can get on top of Verstapenn. The one everyone is touting to be the next big thing in the post Hamilton era.

Ricciado in the Mercedes would be much better than Bottas, there is no doubt. One hopes that he would be able to emulate Rosberg by giving us a great inter-teammate rivalry. But failing to recognize the brilliance of Hamilton is just simply a high order of motor racing ignorance. That comment is not intended for you by the way.

Hamilton's league is an exclusive club which includes the illustrious names such as Vettel and Alonso. Verstapenn is knocking on the door of this club. And Ricciado is a wanna be at this stage.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st March 2018 at 17:53.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    N4D13 your estimation is quite correct. I don't think anyone would see Ricciado as a Nos 2 driver, the very reason why he might leave Redbull. And l read alot about him beating Vettel in the Redbull. But no mind is given to the fact that it was a Redbull struggling to be competitive against the Mercs and Ferrari. A not very motivating circumstances for a driver that has tasted the sweet end of four WDC. I would accept these comparisons if Vettel was in his sweet spot and Ricciado beat him fair and square.

I wonder when people undervalue the best driver on the grid and measure him equally to unproven drivers like Ricciado. As if it is easy to win four WDC, l suppose you just have to be in the best car to do it. Webber was in the best car when Vettel won his four, so was Rosberg who won one due to very weird circumstances. While Ricciado is highly rated, he has not convinced anyone that he can get on top of Verstapenn. The one everyone is touting to be the next big thing in the post Hamilton era.

Ricciado in the Mercedes would be much better than Bottas, there is no doubt. One hopes that he would be able to emulate Rosberg by giving us a great inter-teammate rivalry. But failing to recognize the brilliance of Hamilton is just simply a high order of motor racing ignorance. That comment is not intended for you by the way.

Hamilton's league is an exclusive club which includes the illustrious names such as Vettel and Alonso. Verstapenn is knocking on the door of this club. And Ricciado is a wanna be at this stage.
    Alonso and Hamilton are in that GOAT league for sure. Vettel isn’t. Once again we saw last weekend his inability to work around a car that isn’t perfect for him. He won, yes, but it was very fortuitous. It was the same in 2014, he had a year to find a way to work that car and he couldn’t. Instead he was beaten very convincingly by a guy that just arrived in the team.

Ricciardo may well be the best on the grid but until he proves it with a championship or at least gets on top of Max he should shut it. Max out qualified him convincingly last year. Ricciardo said Max is the toughest teammate he has had. What does that tell you about Vettel? The jury is still out on Ricciardo. Maybe we’ll be sitting here in a year or two and he’ll be in that league of Alonso and Hamilton. But he has to prove that yet.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd April 2018 at 08:00.