Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    On a different note, am I the only one who doesn't care about the halo? Yeah, it looks weird, but I can see the drivers just fine with it and I don't really think that they're THAT bad.

2. Likes: andyone (24th March 2018),Duncan (25th March 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Does anyone actually believe Lewis when he says it was a tough qualifying ?
    Does anyone actually believe him when he says that any other team is close ?

Seeing him in the post-qually , locker room interview , you'd think he'd just had an "out of body" experience .
    Acting is not his forte .

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Does anyone actually believe Lewis when he says it was a tough qualifying ?
    Does anyone actually believe him when he says that any other team is close ?

Seeing him in the post-qually , locker room interview , you'd think he'd just had an "out of body" experience .
    Acting is not his forte .
    Well, at this day and age, most drivers are just PR machines, aren't they? On top of that, you don't do yourself, your team or the sport any favors by saying that they're all rubbish and that you had this completely under control at all times.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Nobody complains about the a-pillar in their regular road car.
    Well, nobody except the cyclists and motorcyclists who get SMIDSYed at junctions because of how huge the A pillars are on cars now.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I don’t mind the Halo. It is here to stay so we may as well accept it.

I see Ricciardo is belittling Hamilton’s pole lap saying any top driver could take pole in a Mercedes, meanwhile he can’t even out-qualify his own teammate. Those 5 wins and a pole have really gone to his head. I’d love for him to go to Mercedes next year just so Hamilton could out him in his place.

Other than that, all I can say about Hamilton’s lap is WOW. Incredible performance, and one of the best laps I’ve ever seen him drive.

Bottas - disaster - one more of those and I doubt he’ll have any contract renewal.

Vettel - not seemed comfortable with the car but should really be out qualifying Kimi.

Kimi - good performance.

Max - felt he could have been on the front row but it didn’t happen - am sure it will soon though. His first pole is definitely coming.

7. Likes: andyone (24th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Well, at this day and age, most drivers are just PR machines, aren't they? On top of that, you don't do yourself, your team or the sport any favors by saying that they're all rubbish and that you had this completely under control at all times.
    I'll give you that he had a good lap , even excellent , but when other times he would be frothing over the team's effort to give him the best car , he was talking about his amazing lap , and the speed of the Ferrari car making him sweat .
    It just didn't read like a normal interview , but rather , a guy trying to play down the actual speed of the car , and maybe that was the game here .
    It looked like he was trying to throw sandbags into the car after it had just run six tenths faster than all the rest .

I guess you could be right about not doing the sport any good by rubbishing the rest , but to me , it looked as though he was almost embarrassed to be so far ahead , playing up his talent and getting misty about hoping he still had it .

Maybe he's a singer , but he's no actor .

9. Likes: N4D13 (24th March 2018),Tazio (24th March 2018)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Baggie.... Here is how I read this reaction by The Boss; he came up, and drove when qualifying on the front row wasn't the advantage that it is since they discontinued refueling. Many times Mike would start heavy and pass in the pits after the front row pitted, giving him fresh air and the car to make up the difference. He needs the glory now, and if he gets a poor get a way he will really be on the back foot with Kimi and Seb starting on the harder compound. The racing has become a bit perverse IMHO, and I have to say I liked F1 much more when their was fuel strategy. Maybe I'm being a little harsh. Let's see how the race plays out!

Edit: Red Bull ran supersoft in q2 not Ferrari.
    Last edited by Tazio; 25th March 2018 at 00:45.
    May the forza be with you

11. Likes: Bagwan (24th March 2018),truefan72 (25th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Baggie.... Here is how I read this reaction by The Boss; he came up, and drove when qualifying on the front row wasn't the advantage that it is since they discontinued refueling. Many times Mike would start heavy and pass in the pits after the front row pitted, giving him fresh air and the car to make up the difference. He needs the glory now, and if he gets a poor get a way he will really be on the back foot with Kimi and Seb starting on the harder compound. The racing has become a bit perverse IMHO, and I have to say I liked F1 much more when their was fuel strategy. Maybe I'm being a little harsh. Let's see how the race plays out!
    Damn , I hope you're right Tazzy , my man , because it looked like he'd shown too much of their hand by going that fast .
    I hope they aren't as fast as he looked .

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Damn , I hope you're right Tazzy , my man , because it looked like he'd shown too much of their hand by going that fast .
    I hope they aren't as fast as he looked .
    Sorry Baggie I misunderstood your point. I took your point to he that Lewis was taking credit that the team (car) deserved. He is fast, and the car is the fastest. By how much is still yet to be determined .
    Sorry!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    The MB is superior than Hamilton.

I'd love to see a situation where Ricciardo is in the current mb, and Hamilton in the current RB. Hamilton can get back to the heady days of 2010-13 and not doing better than 4th despite driving a top 2 car.