Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts

Thank you , Mr. Hawking .

A titan of science , Stephen Hawking , has left us on Albert Einstein's birthday .
    It's a great loss for our earth , to not have such an inspirational character , in terms of his field but also in terms of the debilitating disease he faced with dignity and grit for thirty or so years .

He was a great man who touched many personally , and vast numbers often , with his sense of humour infused in his teaching and inspiration .
    He was a cultural icon , opening the paralympics , and appearing on the Simpsons and the Big Bang Theory .

He had a big head but never had a big head about it , and that , of all his attributes , is what I respect most .

I just want to say thanks to a great man .

2. Likes: gadjo_dilo (16th March 2018),mr_swiss (15th March 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I had no idea that he was 76. I guess I never thought about it, as he seemed rather ageless.

But R.I.P..
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    He really defied all medical & believable forecasts about the length of his life and boy did he use those unexpected years. He had a way of inspiring people to get interested in science.

A giant of modern life and science.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy