Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Could somebody explain me some stuff ? ._.

Hello ! I have a question that has been bothering me for a while. On what condition can a WRC driver restart the rally, after a crash ? Like Lappi in Rally Mexico this year.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    If the car is ready for the next day he can restart it... it does not matter if he retires of a mechanical or crash.

He cannot change car though so if the mechanics can fix it and the FIA approves that the car is safe to drive he can do super-rally the next day.

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    It's worth noting also that super-rally has heavy time penalties - I think it's five minutes per missed stage. So a driver will often restart intending to get one or two points, or just to practice on the stages and get data for the team. Or (if the driver is fast) he might try and grab some points from the power stage, but that's it. You can't get a good result if you super-rally.

Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    One of the most important things is that the rollcage inside the car has to be undamaged. But it doesn't break so easily.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    It's worth noting also that super-rally has heavy time penalties - I think it's five minutes per missed stage. So a driver will often restart intending to get one or two points, or just to practice on the stages and get data for the team. Or (if the driver is fast) he might try and grab some points from the power stage, but that's it. You can't get a good result if you super-rally.
    You don't even know they are 7 minutes now. Man just needs to peek a look at stage times list and notice it immediately.

The advantage of superrally (whatever starting order rules are) is that your team can repair the car all night long, while normal competitors have only a few minutes for checks and adjustments.

6. Likes: pantealex (11th March 2018)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, thanks for Answers guys ! ^^

Tho...could also somebody explain me what’s going on with the road order on Sunday in Rally Mexico ? Why is Neuville first on the road, even tho he’s not the one with the worst time ? Does super-rally put you after the whole pack ?
    Last edited by Nestii; 11th March 2018 at 16:53.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Road rules are written for Ogier... and closest rival is obviously who

Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post

The advantage of superrally (whatever starting order rules are) is that your team can repair the car all night long, while normal competitors have only a few minutes for checks and adjustments.
    Actually, the teams have a fixed service time of 3 hours to repair the car and the car must be placed into parc ferme 4 hours before the start of the next day's leg. So, in some case it may not be possible to get the full 3 hours.

46.2 has the time penalties for missing a stage
    47.1 & 47.2 have the service time allowed and technical requirements to restart.

Regarding road order for Sunday, the order is P1 drivers in reverse classification order from the day before. The crews that run Rally 2 will start after the others. Hence why Neuville was first on the road again. Unlike what ESTR has written, the rule has been like this for many years.
    45.2 covers this area.

All regulations for these kind of things can be found here if you're interested: FIA Sporting Regulations

10. Likes: A FONDO (11th March 2018)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHL View Post
    Actually, the teams have a fixed service time of 3 hours to repair the car and the car must be placed into parc ferme 4 hours before the start of the next day's leg. So, in some case it may not be possible to get the full 3 hours.

46.2 has the time penalties for missing a stage
    47.1 & 47.2 have the service time allowed and technical requirements to restart.

Regarding road order for Sunday, the order is P1 drivers in reverse classification order from the day before. The crews that run Rally 2 will start after the others. Hence why Neuville was first on the road again. Unlike what ESTR has written, the rule has been like this for many years.
    45.2 covers this area.

All regulations for these kind of things can be found here if you're interested: FIA Sporting Regulations
    Thanks a lot for explaining ! Sure will look through the rules. I’m trying to understand WRC for a while already, but i realised it’s not so easy xD

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    Another important factor is that you can score manufacturer points through Rally2. Like in Mexico, All of Latvala, Lappi and Suninen scored manufacturer points through Rally2. The non-manufacturer cars in between are just counted out. You can score manufacturer points even if you're 2 hours behind the winner, as long as you're at least the second best finisher in your team.