Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Did Brynildsen really claim that he wanted to go for the title?
    He hopes to give the russians competition, and fight for podiums is what he said.
    But this being his first asphalttally since 2013, and working with a new team of engineers he did not reach that goal this time. He made a bad tyrechoice on friday, and just tried to get the trust in the tyres on saturday. Team did some set up changes on sunday, that he liked, but then the top drivers also just tried to protect their position.

At least I will give him a gravel rally to see if he is on podium level. But the two russians are quick, so he will have to fight hard!

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Bit of a strange U28 prize really... it would be better just being the cash. He might then be able to do the ERC again and try to win it outright.
    Start with old WRC was an option. If you dont want to use it, you can take money for your ERC campaign.

Did Brynildsen really claim that he wanted to go for the title?
    He really didnt expected he will win this rally. He was not driving on tarmac for more that two years and didnt do any rally since last year Wales Rally GB. And especially so abrasive and special tarmac in Canarias. So he did quite well rally there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I wonder why the Škoda of Magalhăes is having this pop-off valve problem ? It seems to have destroyed his chances.
    Maybe you dont know, but since 1.4.2018 was cancelled homologation of pop-off valve from company Oral with number 007, which was used by most of the teams (it looks like that this pop-off valve was quite stronger than others). So this should bring problems as drivers needs to use different pop-offs now.

5. Likes: Mirek (7th May 2018),pantealex (7th May 2018)
    Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    Really nice event we had in Gran Canaria, great to see the R2 battle (Gago, Seks, Llarena, Wagner, Solans), for me the bigest surprise is Seks in her first asphalt event but also Solans jr. who was the fastest R2 all the event.

Nice performance also of Pellier with the 208 T16, never imagined he could make a scratch. Congrats to Alexey, he seems to be the master of the Islas Canarias, three victories now and looks he could match the record of five consecutive wins of Carlos Sainz in the 80s

7. Likes: Jarek Z (7th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    That's true. Magalhaes was the biggest disappointment of this rally for me. He was seventh overall. Even behind Grzegorz Grzyb. Grzyb is a good driver, but there are no such roads in Poland. I thought they suit Magalhaes perfectly.
    Grzegorz showed also last year that roads on Canarias suits him very well. So his great performance is no surprise.

9. Likes: Jarek Z (7th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Wish him a speedy recovery.

The next JERC U28 round isn’t until July so hopefully he will be fully fit by then.
    I hope he will be fit earlier...

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (7th May 2018),pantealex (7th May 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    He really didnt expected he will win this rally. He was not driving on tarmac for more that two years and didnt do any rally since last year Wales Rally GB. And especially so abrasive and special tarmac in Canarias. So he did quite well rally there.
    How come he didn't know that when he claimed to go for the title?

Anyway the one who wants to fight for the title has to be competitive everywhere. Only six rounds remain and Lukyanuk already scored two victories.
    Last edited by Mirek; 7th May 2018 at 13:36.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: dimviii (7th May 2018),Jarek Z (7th May 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Watching the highlights I have to say Eurosport still do the best job of rally coverage. Great editing and mixture of heli, stage-side & onboards giving a real feeling of speed and comparison between driving styles.

15. Likes: PLuto (7th May 2018)
    How come he didn't know that when he claimed to go for the title?

Anyway the one who wants to fight for the title has to be competitive everywhere. Only six rounds remain and Lukyanuk already scored two victories.
    It is something like PR stuff. With so much experience you cannot really say that you are going there to gain experience and get back to racing rhythm. He did better than I expected and I think that he will be more competitive in Acropolis and Cyprus.