Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Also very bad time by Zawada on SS5, beaten by some R2's... what happened ?
    flash info (23 - Zawada Aleks / Dachowski Grzegorz): On the previous stage we went wide and hit a curb. We lost a lot of time, but we are here and still going.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    @ChrisIngramGB
    As a team we have decided to retire from Rally Islas Canarias for medical reasons. https://t.co/Xa3UY70GY2
    Chris was sick for whole week. Not so proper recce and also thats why he did only one FP. Last evening he was taken to hospital for inspection, he stayed there whole night. He tried to start today, but when I have seen his condition in the morning, I was almost sure he will retired...

4. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018),Jarek Z (4th May 2018),the sniper (4th May 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    Any live stages from local TV planned like in Acores?
    Cant find any tv for the SSS, just one interviewing the fans earlier. Shame.

(12 - Botka Dávid / Mesterházi Márk): This super stage is perfect, but the previous six stages weren't so good.

7. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018),Jarek Z (4th May 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Complete SS2 with Gryazin: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLEdroPS8TY

9. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    (12 - Botka Dávid / Mesterházi Márk): This super stage is perfect, but the previous six stages weren't so good.

Maybe Botka is in wrong motorsport

11. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018),Jarek Z (4th May 2018),steve.mandzij (8th May 2018)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    So the 6 proper stages of day 1 done and only Gryazin anywhere near to Lukyanuk (+21.9s)...
    Yes, Lukyanuk dominates even though there are drivers with big experience in WRC in this rally. Brynildsen, Loubet, Suarez... they can only smell the fumes from his exhaust...
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

13. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, Lukyanuk dominates even though there are drivers with big experience in WRC in this rally. Brynildsen, Loubet, Suarez... they can only smell the fumes from his exhaust...
    I'm not sure about that interpretation. I think it's a push to say any of them have 'big experience in WRC'. More importantly none of them have been overly impressive in the WRC. Loubet actually has very little overall rallying experience though.

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I'm not sure about that interpretation. I think it's a push to say any of them have 'big experience in WRC'.
    Maybe the word "big" is a little exaggeration from my side, but I have just checked them out at www.ewrc-results.com and...

Brynildsen drove as many as 46 rallies in WRC! That's even more than Lappi, who is a factory driver for Toyota
    Suarez drove 30 rallies in WRC. He was competing in WRC on a regular basis for 6 years.
    Loubet drove 24 rallies in WRC. Is that not many?

95% of drivers in this event can only dream about such experience.
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 4th May 2018 at 22:20.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

16. Likes: aykutbilir (4th May 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    ERC is in interesting shape currently, Lukyanuk is clear star who could be contender for WRC2 wins in almost every event but he is Lukyanuk and we all know how he is.
    Then we have Gryazin who is fast somewhere and not so fast in others and is still very unstable - kinda like Lukyanuk.
    Ingram could have potential but he has 0 to none 4wd experience so it's not easy to push against people he needs to beat to really prove himself against + also his funding seems to be on thin ice and one wreck could end his season, also missing Canarias due to illness is not helping.
    And for people who Jarek Z mentioned, Brynilden hasn't atleast to my knowledge proven anything in international level so far, he is been fast in Norway and in sweden but that's pretty much it.
    I have nothing to say about Loubet and Suarez, have they actually won anything or shown any speed?

When Kajto decided not to do ERC this year the whole series lost a great benchmark, he wasn't as fast as Luky but he was consistent.
    Losing to Kajto speedwise ment you really need to build up your speed but beating him you could be up for something bigger.
    Sadly ERC is currently just Luky vs the rest.

18. Likes: Jarek Z (4th May 2018)