Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

2018 Australian GP Thread

Hi Guys.

Sorry I have not been around the forum much recently. Life has gotten busier and a lot more fun.

Anyway I have been glancing at the testing form and am now ready for the start of another season.

It kind of feels to me this could be a turning point for F1. If Mercedes dominate again what will happen going forward?

Anyway Australia is less than a week away so lets get chatting.

I am hoping myself for a chaotic GP to really mix things up early. Highly unlikely these days but it will be interesting to see if Ferrari can challenge the Mercs here.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: andyone (20th March 2018),zako85 (20th March 2018)
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Hi Guys.

Sorry I have not been around the forum much recently. Life has gotten busier and a lot more fun.

Anyway I have been glancing at the testing form and am now ready for the start of another season.

It kind of feels to me this could be a turning point for F1. If Mercedes dominate again what will happen going forward?

Anyway Australia is less than a week away so lets get chatting.

I am hoping myself for a chaotic GP to really mix things up early. Highly unlikely these days but it will be interesting to see if Ferrari can challenge the Mercs here.
    lets hope so. even though i will say they are not dominant since last yea they were just a Strong Team. but still they will be strong and maybe be very strong against the others.

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    I'm ready for the race. Though I'm usually not a big fan of the track, getting that first glimpse of the new cars is worth the wait. I'm really hoping Ferrari and RB can challenge the Mercedes cars this year. I really want one of those seasons when at least 2-3 different car and driver combinations could easily turn things around and take a title.

It's probably wishful thinking. I abandoned the Ferrari ship on my FGP team, but with regret. I'd really enjoy if Ferrari or RB brings a real challenge and my FGP team struggles.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Horner came out and said he believes RBR have the best chassis on the grid before FP1. I’ve warmed to Horner over the years but when he says this kind of thing having only tested in Barcelona and no real qualifying or race comparison then it just makes him look like an idiot. They couldn’t build the best chassis last year so ease off on patting your own back until a couple races in.

That aside, Mercedes looking strong but they haven’t hit the play button on their Mercedes yet for extra power. RBR will probably qualify 5th and 6th but a bad start for Danny given his 3 place grid penalty already.

On race pace RBR and Mercedes seem to be identical. I really feel Ferrari and Mercedes haven’t shown their hand yet. Can’t wait for FP3 and qualifying.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Horner came out and said he believes RBR have the best chassis on the grid before FP1. I’ve warmed to Horner over the years but when he says this kind of thing having only tested in Barcelona and no real qualifying or race comparison then it just makes him look like an idiot. They couldn’t build the best chassis last year so ease off on patting your own back until a couple races in.

That aside, Mercedes looking strong but they haven’t hit the play button on their Mercedes yet for extra power. RBR will probably qualify 5th and 6th but a bad start for Danny given his 3 place grid penalty already.

On race pace RBR and Mercedes seem to be identical. I really feel Ferrari and Mercedes haven’t shown their hand yet. Can’t wait for FP3 and qualifying.

I think the mind games have started early thats all. Mercedes did not look worried in FP1 and FP2. The gloves come off in FP3 and quali, then we would have the first glimpse of where everybody really are. But it is looking good that the top three are close enough for it to feel snug at the sharp end of the grid.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

8. Likes: andyone (24th March 2018),Duncan (23rd March 2018),Tazio (24th March 2018),truefan72 (23rd March 2018)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I'm trying not to be superficial but I don't know if I can get past that halo

10. Likes: truefan72 (23rd March 2018)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    halo blows
    May the forza be with you

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quali dawgz!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I'm trying not to be superficial but I don't know if I can get past that halo
    You can't, it's titanium, bulletproof