Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Maybe giving the 5-4-3-2-1 bonus points to the "best performers"
    Exactly.
    Anyway, I don't mind any system that will keep the excitement till the end of the rally.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I think we should start giving style points also. Then it would be like ski jumping.
    Mads could become World Champion as well

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Mads could become World Champion as well
    Or Gigi Galli comeback?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I think we should start giving style points also. Then it would be like ski jumping.
    It is the next logic step based on the long term plan of Dave Richards---a fucking co-driver----to make the WEC into a "TV spectacle"..
    Now we can discuss this, not saying only one way but judging from the popularity of the threads here, the paint and stickers and logos is very important to many fan-bois--much discussion.....so logically it should be scored..Don't dismiss... Think of the excitement each event, everybody waiting to the moment when TA-DAAAAAHHH! the new livery is reveal and the panel of judges can rate the paint, stickers , promo music and light show, and of course, the back story---all individually scored...Each car could be on camera for 7-9 minutes mini-vignette..

Then of course style points for driving, that foes without saying..there should be known places where judging takes place...the armys of spectaots could be herded into appropriate pens and provide color background..And I think there should be on each stage "tie-breakers" points where drivers are secretly judged on style but only shown to the Pay-for-view home audience>

And as stomping around in snow or slipping in wet chest high summer wheat carrying a camera is no fun, and the clear desire of most people is to go with the times, logically it should next go to score SERVICE, the action behind the scenes which is indispensable, and therefore ripe for exploitation. Imagine a row of judges, watching a 9 minute gearbox change --with dramatic sound track piped into the service area----judging style and execution, and poise...(wait? should it be points added, or points subtracted for really GOOD swearing??? I say points added..It has always vastly helped me when working service to calm down by swearing non-stop..) you could have the build up then 9,9, 9,2, 8.0 9.9, 9.9..and they could do that each service!

The possibilities are endless..Max promo..We're all going to be rich!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Likes: Franky (22nd February 2018),sonnybobiche (22nd February 2018)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    So, would you like:
    - Ditch powerstage concept
    - Give 3-2-1 points
    - Keep todays system?

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Power stage as is... but the rally ends stage before.. so its FLAT OUT for everyone, with new tyres.

8. Likes: rhm (18th June 2019)
    Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    What if power stage points also gave maunufactorer points?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Power stage as is... but the rally ends stage before.. so its FLAT OUT for everyone, with new tyres.
    This could be pretty wicked - as an add-on, regroup after the first pass, then send them back along the stage in the opposite direction, points for fastest aggregate time

e.g. two stage mini rally on the Sunday

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    This could be pretty wicked - as an add-on, regroup after the first pass, then send them back along the stage in the opposite direction, points for fastest aggregate time

e.g. two stage mini rally on the Sunday
    To much logistic to run in reverse...
    But finishing order of power stage determines running order for next rally... now there is a good idea!!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I think that there shall be at least a tyre fitting zone before the Power Stage. Yes, it would cost a bit more but it would prevent ridiculous snail driving through Sunday like on Sardinia (Mikkelsen really made my day winning the PS while on a push through the whole day over Ogier driving like a safety car on reverse gear not wear tyres).

Otherwise I do understand the reason for it's existence and I can live with it despite I don't like the idea very much. Maybe going back to 3-2-1 is better to downplay the importance of PS a bit.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: cali (19th June 2019),dnb (19th June 2019),Katvala (18th June 2019),pantealex (19th June 2019),the sniper (18th June 2019)