Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    In Sweden you never know when it is bad or good to start first.. This year bad.. Last year it would be good.. So he should stop crying about it..

What he did today.. was a smart move to collect point..

2. Likes: cali (18th February 2018),dimviii (18th February 2018),kamei (19th February 2018),Mirek (19th February 2018),Zeropt (18th February 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    He will be yapping about road position in Mexico

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Matt Wilson:
    No rules were broken and those extra points could be crucial at the end of the year. I can remember the days when cars were stopping on the stages to drop time and not start first the next day. It’s a part of the sport.

5. Likes: kamei (19th February 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Matt Wilson:
    No rules were broken and those extra points could be crucial at the end of the year. I can remember the days when cars were stopping on the stages to drop time and not start first the next day. It’s a part of the sport.
    NewZealand in 2011 when Loeb was so concerned about Ogier he forgot about Latvala
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

7. Likes: andyone (18th February 2018),kamei (19th February 2018),steve.mandzij (18th February 2018)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    Clever move congrats MSPORT !

They just used the rules to start in front of Neuville, but then head of course set them even behind 2 more R5 cars without TV coverage, I cant't read that that is fair and according to the rules ... ?
    Last edited by CWJ; 21st February 2018 at 09:06.

9. Likes: andyone (18th February 2018),kamei (19th February 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Don't think any rules were broken and it was clever move, but it's imo quite likely FIA will do some change to make this illegal, mostly for TV purposes.

Now on the powestage live TV they showed the podium and called results and completely missed that Ogier could come and take points. This is something they will for sure try to avoid. (it's also the reason why they move rally 2 cars in front in the regroup.

So I expect they add some rule that to take PS points in WRC car you need to start the stage before the rally leader.

11. Likes: kamei (19th February 2018),Zeropt (18th February 2018)
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    im not an Ogier Fan at all i actually pray for him to have issues. and im always happy when he retires. (well coz he is too good) but this for me is a clever Move. he is a Championship defender. i think its a clever move.

13. Likes: mArvAlcao17 (18th February 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Clever move congrats MSPORT !

They just used the rules to start in front of Neuville, but then promoter was calling head of course to set them even behind 2 more R5 cars, I cant't read that that is fair and according to the rules ... ?
    They just used the rules to start after Paddon, so before Mikkelsen. I think it was mainly because he cannot do it so much later as maximum allowed penalty is 30 minutes. Regarding the starting order, there was specific rule in WRC regulations that promoter can choose order for power stage, but I cannot find it there now.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Q.s. was banned because it was a supremacy by some drivers/cars and I agree with that. However, the balance came back in 2017 with the new cars and more drivers that are now on same level. In my opinion, FIA could have recognized this situation and regain the Q.S. this year, but didn't happen.
    Ogier opened a precedent, like as happened in the past with purposeful delays to not be first on the road on the next day. It is very likely that from now, more drivers could do the same in more rallies.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Clever and fair because it's within the rules, but yeah the FIA will maybe have to somehow change the rules slightly.

Otherwise Meeke could've/should've done the same today, and Evans also. For example in Mexico whoever are the three/four drivers in 10th/11th/12th etc (or drivers returning under super rally), could apply the same tactics to run last on the road instead of first.

Although one thing I would say is that Sweden is maybe exceptional circumstances, as the power stage wasn't run as a stage this morning (instead on Friday), whereas on most gravel rounds the power stage will be cleaned in the morning. Also won't be the effect of fresh snow falling etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

17. Likes: kamei (19th February 2018)