Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    these team games also go well with the image of Ogier which some like and some don't, I like it. It would be more boring if he always behaved himself. Grönholm said in some interview a couple of years ago Loeb was actually a really nice guy, but he didn't have anything good at all to say about Ogier as a person. But for me as a viewer it just creates that extra something buzz if a World Champion behaves a bit cocky or is a bit rough on the edges.

Anyway, the main problem here is the regulations which make these games possible and the power stage concept itself. I have never been a fan of the power stage, although I understand the added excitement it can bring to some events to see drivers pushing maximum attack on the final stage, which wouldn't happen in some situations. But on some other events it's completely unnecessary. Also in modern WRC you probably get more final stages in a calendar year with tight fights for a position than not. All in all it just feels artificial to me to award five points for winning a one stage time attack. It goes against the concept of rallying to drive fast but consistently over a long distance. Anyone can do one short stage fast and just see if they are lucky enough to make it to the end without making any mistakes. But to do 20-30 stages consistently fast without any mistakes is a much more interesting challenge and what the sport is about. Even Formula 1 has never done anything as "plastic" yet in terms of handing out World Championship points. We are yet to see points being awarded for the fastest final lap of the race, but maybe Liberty Media is already working on it if they have been following WRC in the past few years.
    Very good, but if we want to see made up personality conflict and drama we could simply watch the best racing film ever made which is of course (there can be no doubt) Talladega Nights..Sacha Cohen is the perfect Ogier.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (20th February 2018)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even if he didn't break any rules, it is unsporty. Rules must be changed not to allow such a BS.
    I understand that everything is for championship. And it always be like that.
    But it ruins the sport. It is commercial contest then.
    Next time somebody will throw a bomb to opponent car. Do rules say something that bombs are not allowed?

Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uranium View Post
    Next time somebody will throw a bomb to opponent car. Do rules say something that bombs are not allowed?
    e31.jpg

5. Likes: pantealex (20th February 2018),steve.mandzij (20th February 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uranium View Post
    yes, it falls in the sport defamation category and you get excluded

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Arsony is a crime and there are serious consequences for those that break the law.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Power Stage tricks & tactics - Ogier in a stealth mode

9. Likes: Rally Power (21st February 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    I guess it all depends on how thing go in Mexico. A lot of us believe in karma right? For Ogier's sake I sure hope he does not believe in karma.

He did not do anything wrong as far as rules are concerned, but some would say it was not good sportsmanship etc. We shall see in two weeks time...

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    He did not do anything wrong as far as rules are concerned...
    Yes he did, and he was penalised for that - but the penalty was less than the advantage from breaking the rules.

I'm not sure why people keep saying he wasn't breaking any rules, if he was following the rules there would have been no penalty.

Its a similar situation if a rugby player makes an offside tackle (or other foul) to prevent their opposition from scoring and is penalised for it, they have broken the rules and accepted the punishment but it may be worth it to them if they concede less points from the penalty than they would have from the try. If they do it too many times or its too obvious that its a deliberate cynical foul they can be sent off though, which is a much stronger punishment... I guess we'll see what the stewards do it it happens again.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    This odour of sanctity is getting a bit overpowering! The sport hasn’t been a ‘sport’ any more than F1 for years. Ogier just played the rules and found an advantage that would only probably have worked in his very particular situation. So can we now stop the hypocrisy and talk of karma.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Well he paid the price for breaking the rules then.. fair is fair. He gained something out of it while taking a penalty too. That's what the rules allowed him to do.

What I was trying to say in my previous post (poorly) is that we will see if what he did will be of any benefit. It all depends on his performance in Mexico.