Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    It is tactics, but it's unsporting. Also, at least have the balls to do it as a man. From the GPS-trackers it seems like Ogier went on a small sideroad and hid behind a little farmhouse to not be seen. That would be extremely wimpy of him. To actually hide... (if this is indeed the actual thing)
    If You aren't sure and hadn't been there, why bother us with this?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Team orders in the second to last round of the championship is a different thing than to [...] take a 4min10sec penalty to start late, then have the other guy in the team get a 4min20 sec penalty to gain back the spot in the second round of the championship.
    There is a reason why very few bats an eye on team-orders at the end of the season... Same reason why many reacts to it at the start of the year!
    So you can make such things only from 3rd round, not 2nd?

In Jordan 2010 Loeb was to sweep the road on the last day as the rally leader, but Citroen made Ogier (3rd at the time, behind Latvala) check early to sweep road for Loeb. And it was just 3rd round of the championship.
    2016 FGP Champion

3. Likes: A FONDO (18th February 2018)
    Liked 240 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Maybe he had a call of nature and was polite not to do it in front of everyone?
    Anyway, Evans didn`t "lose enough time".

1 FRA S. OGIER FRA J. INGRASSIA M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM FIESTA WRC M RC1 TC19 LATE 4:10.0

2:00.0
    GBR E. EVANS GBR D. BARRITT M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM FIESTA WRC M RC1 TC19A LATE 4:20.0

OA:
    10. 2 GBR E. EVANS GBR D. BARRITT M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM M RC1 2:57:40.5 +1:43.0 +5:27.4
    11. 1 FRA S. OGIER FRA J. INGRASSIA M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM M RC1 3:00:58.5 +3:18.0 +8:45.4
    Not correct, look here:
    http://rallysweden.com/wp-content/up...sification.pdf
    R.I.P Colin Mcrae - The hero for me... Twitter: @MickeLindh

5. Likes: A FONDO (18th February 2018)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Maybe he had a call of nature and was polite not to do it in front of everyone?
    Anyway, Evans didn`t "lose enough time".

1 FRA S. OGIER FRA J. INGRASSIA M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM FIESTA WRC M RC1 TC19 LATE 4:10.0

2:00.0
    GBR E. EVANS GBR D. BARRITT M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM FIESTA WRC M RC1 TC19A LATE 4:20.0

OA:
    10. 2 GBR E. EVANS GBR D. BARRITT M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM M RC1 2:57:40.5 +1:43.0 +5:27.4
    11. 1 FRA S. OGIER FRA J. INGRASSIA M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM M RC1 3:00:58.5 +3:18.0 +8:45.4
    That overall is wrong. If Evans had 4min20sec penalty, how can he only be 5.27 behind Neuville?

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    If You aren't sure and hadn't been there, why bother us with this?
    I am sure of what I saw on the GPS map on WRC+, it showed Ogier hiding behind a farmhouse on a small sideroad.

Quote Originally Posted by moto99 View Post
    So you can make such things only from 3rd round, not 2nd?

In Jordan 2010 Loeb was to sweep the road on the last day as the rally leader, but Citroen made Ogier (3rd at the time, behind Latvala) check early to sweep road for Loeb. And it was just 3rd round of the championship.
    Do I (or others) really have to go through every single possible example and say what we deem ok or not ok? Or what do you really mean with that post?
    No, I did not find that to be ok either. Both happened in a point in the championship were both drivers still have a shot at the title.

But then I again, I wrote "end of the season" and "start of the year". I am sure you understood that the 3rd rally of the year are not a part of the "end of the season".

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Yes, saw it now. Still strange, as Evans had only 10 seconds longer punishment and lost ~16 to him on PS. The gap before was ~55 seconds.
    Probably need to look more, as i`m definitely wrong.

I am sure of what I saw on the GPS map on WRC+, it showed Ogier hiding behind a farmhouse on a small sideroad.
    "I saw a car driving normally on the road in front of me, suddenly it jumped into a ditch and continued in the farm field, and I thought - ahh there is another one with GPS navigation"

9. Likes: Mk2 RS2000 (18th February 2018),Myrvold (18th February 2018),steve.mandzij (18th February 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    I thought it was bizzare to hear that Ogier hadn't shown up for the stage to have a better shot at the PS, but as much as I wanted to find something to criticize about it I realized it was silly to do so. He did what he needed to do to maximise his points haul for the horrendous rally he had, and it's not like he didn't get a penalty for it. Sure enough Evans cancelled out the penalty but that's exactly what he was expected to do as second fiddle to the world champion.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    "I saw a car driving normally on the road in front of me, suddenly it jumped into a ditch and continued in the farm field, and I thought - ahh there is another one with GPS navigation"
    Haha! Love it

Haha! Love it
    Sure, but I'm little curious anyway how did You saw a farm house on the wrc+ map?