Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...p-6183803.html

Red Bull up to their old tricks. Manipulating pictures to hid elements of their new car. SMH
    It's not as if their car is the leader of the pack that everyone is falling over themselves to copy.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Mclaren with even less sponsors than Sauber

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I was quite hyped about this season's McLaren, but I'm disappointed. I guess the black had to go after Honda left, but this season's livery is a bit of a disappointment to me. Last year's was striking, but this year's is rather lame.

I'm loving this year's Merc, BTW.

It depends a lot on the lightning and post-processing. Will compare them again very soon in Spanish testing.

5. Likes: truefan72 (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    well the papaya orange looks great in natural light.
    Very barren in terms of sponsorship and they have already announced a raft of changes on the car by the time they get to Australia.
    So i am a bit mixed about the car so far.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    The McLaren looks ok-ish in Orange, I'm sure it will look at lot better by OZ. The lack of sponsors isn't a nice thing to see though.

OT- Without the Honda money, I wonder if Alonso agreed on a pay cut as part of the deal to go with Renault... or is money really not an issue for Mac?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I am not so sure that the McLaren is lacking sponsors. The livery is completely plain in most places and the sponsors' logos are rather small, so the car looks rather barren. However, when you count how many different logos there are in the car and compare it to Renault, you'll find Macca wins.

I've counted 15 different sponsors on McLaren, whereas in Renault I've only identified 11. So don't be deceived about the apparent emptiness of the McLaren, because it's only that - apparent.

And how many logos are there on the Mercedes? Take away the Mercedes/AMG logos and Petronas' and I'm not sure there's any. (Yeah, they're a manufacturer with very deep pockets, but still.)
    Last edited by N4D13; 23rd February 2018 at 15:40.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    It depends a lot on the lightning and post-processing. Will compare them again very soon in Spanish testing.

My God, they have got it very wrong at Mclaren. All the lighting in the world is not going to help. This is the worst Mclaren livery ever from a team that had a special place of being the style guru for livery. I hope the blue makes the car go faster, but l struggle to warm up to this livery. I like the shade of orange of the main parts of the car. That said the packaging looks very cool and aggressive. The lines of the chassis is one of the best out there. I can see that it may go very well if the Renault engine delivers on it promise to improve this year.

It is interesting to see that they have turned up with a raked chassis this year like the 2017 Redbull and Ferrari. But it seems to have a longer wheelbase which may be taking cues from the Mercedes. It also seems to wrap round the engine tightly, one of the striking aspects of the Mercedes W09 as well. Livery aside, l would be anxious to see this car go in anger at Barcelona.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd February 2018 at 21:09.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Actually, l asked my self after l wrote my last post, what did not like about the Mclaren livery? Why did l not like it?

The answer that came to mind was Orange and deep Blue do not seem a harmonious combination. The Orange Mclaren liveries of past years worked well because they were either only orange or a combination or Orange and black which complimented each other very well. The deep blue contrasts the orange like a compromise of two tangential philosophies. The blue just do not have the depth of black . Maybe a lighter metallic blue would have had a better impact. But to be honest, l don't care much about the livery, what l care about is whether this car is fast enough to get Mclaren back into the sharp end of the grid.

If it is doing duel with Redbull, Ferrari and occsionally Mercedes, they can paint the car mauve or purple whatever, l would be happy. I also have a feeling that l might come to like it after a few races into the season. But my first impression was one of pure horror.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd February 2018 at 21:50.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Agree with you mate, total disparity of these two colors. It actually looks like they found that deep blue left behind in grandma's closet and got it for free.

About the other guy - smaller text size sponsors pay much less money you know.