Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Yeah, Veiby really picked up some great speed today. Soon ahead of Bonato.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 93 Times in 48 Posts
    According to Estonian press Tänak promised not to touch handbrake this afternoon anymore to avoid stalling.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    BILLIOT Jérémie

@planetemarcus

#WRC Toyota GAZOO Racing becomes fastest Manufacturer with 20SS wins in 2018 ► http://bit.ly/XL8nl9

Andreas Mikkelsen

Analyzing the morning loop and looking for improvements for the afternoon loop. More changes to be done, also for the driver! #WRC #TourdeCorse #HMSGOfficial

https://twitter.com/AMikkelsenRally/...65572834623488

and the quote of the day goes to Ferm

Rallirinki / Teemu

Becs: This is a tough event for co-driver, how have you managed to call notes in time?
    Janne Ferm: So far I've been in the finish before Esapekka, so we are doing fine!
    If we'd get to vote for #WRC's funniest guy, @Veermi is the man.

Rallirinki / Teemu
    @HartusvuoriWRC
    Carlos del Barrio says they have 121 pages of pacenotes for Sunday's opening 55 kilometre SS11 Vero - Sarrola-Carcopino stage. That must be some kind of a record! #WRClive @DaniSordo #TdC
    Last edited by dimviii; 7th April 2018 at 12:11.

4. Likes: AnttiL (7th April 2018),HaCo (7th April 2018),pantealex (7th April 2018),steve.mandzij (7th April 2018)
    SAT 12:38 - MID-DAY REGROUP: LOEB
    "Yeah I'm disappointed with what happened yesterday. That's life, now we have to think about the rest of the rally and forget about yesterday. Even we are not fighting for victory, it is nice to drive cars like this on days like today. "I had a big smile on my face when I finished the first stage, I enjoyed it a lot."

SAT 12:33 - MID-DAY REGROUP: NEUVILLE
    "Difficult, challenging, but really enjoyable. I had a good rhythm. I was happy with time, we didn't lose too much to Meeke and managed to build the gap for the afternoon. "Some of the corners were tighter than I thought! We have been on edge all day."

SAT 12:30 - MID-DAY REGROUP: MEEKE
    "The first stage was a good stage for me, the other two on the loop were a disaster. I just don't have the same feeling as last year, I'm going to put last year's set-up on the car for the afternoon and see what happens."

SAT 12:29 - MID-DAY REGROUP: LAPPI
    "Yeah happy with how it has gone today. Morning loop was very good, but it is easy to do well when you can be confident in the grip of the tyre. "I will not try to deliberately push and catch Tanak, if I push harder it is easier to make a mistake."

6. Likes: er88 (7th April 2018)
    SAT 12:22 - MID-DAY REGROUP: LATVALA
    Latvala complains about his brakes, he's locking his brakes out on the stages and he's going to use service to look for a solution to that problem.

SAT 12:18 - MID-DAY REGROUP: SORDO
    Dani Sordo: "I've changed the suspension a bit overnight, I'm trying to push in every stage and the times just aren't there. It is not something wrong in the car, perhaps it is just the wrong set-up." Dani Sordo sounding a bit downbeat at the regroup at Bastia Airport there, he's also not entirely happy with his pacenotes either.

SAT 12:24 - MID-DAY REGROUP: MALCOLM WILSON
    [On Phil Mills] "Being a co-driver is a really tough job, it's not easy for Phil and it's not easy for Elfyn either. But they're still here and there's chance for improvement this afternoon."

SAT 12:23 - MID-DAY REGROUP: PHIL MILLS
    "The stages are all unique in their own right. All are a big challenge. "It's been working well with Elfyn, we were looking good on SS5 but we went round a hairpin and stalled - if it wasn't for that we would have got a decent time."

8. Likes: er88 (7th April 2018)
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Instead of calling people stupid you should know there is a difference to their driving styles which affects how they set up the car, I'm sure Molly know's there is a difference that's why she asks the question

Mikkelsen goes into detail in this interview if it makes sense in your own language.
    https://parcferme.no/rally/sa-stor-e...as-og-thierry/
    Give Mikkelsen this season to make the car suit his way of driving and im 100% he will be at the same pace - and even better than Neuville. 4-5 years with the same car compared to 6 months, thats a BIG difference and thats what we are seeing now.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Give Mikkelsen this season to make the car suit his way of driving and im 100% he will be at the same pace - and even better than Neuville. 4-5 years with the same car compared to 6 months, thats a BIG difference and thats what we are seeing now.
    The problem still comes down to Mikkelsen: he's either adapting too slowly or not quick enough on his own.

11. Likes: Rallyper (7th April 2018)
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    The problem still comes down to Mikkelsen: he's either adapting too slowly or not quick enough on his own.
    Neuville used 3 years to adapt to the Hyundai.. And still he is struggling to get find the rhythm in many rallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Neuville used 3 years to adapt to the Hyundai.. And still he is struggling to get find the rhythm in many rallies.
    Eric you are right,almost everybody needs time to adjust/be adjusted to a new car.
    The problem is that other drivers react faster.See Tanak? Everything new,he is straggling somehow,but you can see the big potential.
    Most stage wins till now.
    The other BIG problem,not only for Mikkelsen,but for all the drivers,is that Ogier seems he has setuped perfectly with Fiesta.
    He seems that he find the sweet spot at asphalt and gravel.
    He had hard times last year to adapt,and Neuville(and not only him) lost his chance.
    These chances doesnt happen often for '' win machines'' like Ogier.

14. Likes: EstWRC (7th April 2018)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Everybody with hard tyres again
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -