Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    One could argue that it`s really individual. Some 100 year old is more energetic than a fity year old etc.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    One could argue that it`s really individual. Some 100 year old is more energetic than a fity year old etc.
    But the reactions of that energetic 100 year old person will be a lot slower than when that same person was 25.

3. Likes: A FONDO (17th March 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    .. I don't put Loeb up in first group because on Tarmac he won't have any road position advantage and while he used to be best on tarmac it's also the surface where quick reactions matter a bit more than experience which counts against him.

If there is some rain he could be bigger favorite, but then is the question of C3 in slippery conditions.
    https://youtu.be/G7rJPbPN50E

5. Likes: dimviii (13th March 2018),EstWRC (15th March 2018),pantealex (13th March 2018)
    Liked 5,530 Times in 2,289 Posts

7. Likes: A FONDO (17th March 2018),AnttiL (15th March 2018),pantealex (16th March 2018),WUff1 (27th March 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Are the entries closed? No M-Sport in WRC2?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Tour de Corse 2018 (Apr 5-8)

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Are the entries closed? No M-Sport in WRC2?
    Closed. No Camilli but Greensmith is there outside WRC2. And Solans through M-Sport?
    Last edited by AnttiL; 15th March 2018 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Closed. No Camilli but Greensmith is there outside WRC2. And Solans through M-Sport?
    Of course, M-Sport prepared cars. But what I meant was the factory drivers ie. Camilli and Suninen who would be entered via M-Sport.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Getting closer, so a resurrection of the discussion:

In my view there are quite a few interesting things coming up:

Citroen - will the C3 (seemingly) still have upper hand on dry+clean tarmac like in Spain? I'd think so

Loeb - how will he compare to others without road position advantage but on historically his best surface. My guess is similar to Meeke, comparison with others will depend on cars. If they are roughly the same speed I think he will fight for podium, but not necessarily for win.

Meeke - will he keep it on the road without issues in case there is pressure from Loeb or others?

Evans - bad start of the season and now on a rally where he had best result before 2017. I'm a bit skeptical he would be in the top fight. But top 5 beating most of the 2nd drivers could be a goal.

Toyota - How did the car improve on slow-medium speed tarmac? I expect them to be able to fight in the top but not to be the fastest car.
    Lappi - also quite bad start of season, how has his tarmac performance evolved if at all?

Hyundai - Have they got rid of the understeer issues they had in Spain? Maybe Corsica with lots of short turns instead of long ones will suit the car better even if they didn't?
    Last edited by mknight; 27th March 2018 at 14:15.

12. Likes: AnttiL (27th March 2018)
    What if Loeb and Meeke are 1st and 2nd comfortably, what would the team orders be? Let Loeb win and recieve great publicity or aid Meeke for a championship-chance (which is unlikely anyway...)?

14. Likes: AnttiL (27th March 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    I expect a huge push from Seb Ogier for a multiple of reasons. First, it's another home event and he wouldn't have taken kindly to being outpaced by Meeke and Thierry here last year. He also didn't win a pure tarmac event last year which he'll want to put right. Of course the championship is the biggest reason overall he'll want to fight for the win, but make no mistake that Loeb being here fighting him in equal conditions (Loeb actually at a disadvantage if the roads get a bit dirty) will also add some more spice to the event. That 2nd day in Mexico was the best Ogier has driven in a long time imo and I think he relished Loeb being back.

Loeb's Mexico performance is very ominous however. He said before the event he wasn't sure how he'd be on gravel after so long away, but sounded confident about his prospects on tarmac. Surely he will be even more confident now after showing in Mexico he is still on the pace. The C3 was on for the win here last year with Meeke until it blew up, and Loeb is the GOAT so I'm sure he can be one of the 4 drivers who can win. Meeke, Ogier and Neuville the others. Sordo, Evans, Tanak and Mikkelsen probably in the next batch just a bit behind if I was to guess.

16. Likes: AnttiL (27th March 2018),steve.mandzij (27th March 2018)