Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I'm heading out there for the rally so I'd be interested to know the answer to SubaruNorway's question too. Don't want to get pinned in at a hairpin.
    I went back in 2003 and wandered about freely. It may have changed since then of course.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Corsica long-term prediction:

Meeke, Neuville and Ogier are clearly main favorites ( in no particular order).

Then there is a group of 3 jokers (again in no particular order):

Loeb, Sordo, Mikkelsen, Tanak

And additional joker is Evans who used to be much faster on tarmac than gravel, so with Michelins he could be high up.

Looks like it might be an exciting rally.
    I'd genuinely replace Mikkelsen with Latvala in the joker list. A previous winner and fourth last year, PS winner too.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think Toyota itself is a joker, how will that car work on tarmac? Of course we saw some of that in Monte on the dry stages, but TDC is still a bit different.

I think Ogier, Loeb, Meeke and Neuville are all contenders for the win, hard to decide who to put in the pickems.

4. Likes: cali (12th March 2018),pantealex (12th March 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    You're right, the view is almost just as good at the end there though
    yeah I'm very tempted to head up for that stage. But I'm staying in Pietralba which is super close to the other two Saturday stages. They share a carpark at one point, and have a regroup between them, so depending on crowds it may be possible to do four stages that day.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I'd genuinely replace Mikkelsen with Latvala in the joker list. A previous winner and fourth last year, PS winner too.
    That might have to do with you being a Latvala fan. Latvala in Toyota has yet to show rally winning speed on tarmac on any rally. Corsica with relatively low top speed didn't seem to suit them much last year.

------------------------------------
    I don't put Loeb up in first group because on Tarmac he won't have any road position advantage and while he used to be best on tarmac it's also the surface where quick reactions matter a bit more than experience which counts against him.

If there is some rain he could be bigger favorite, but then is the question of C3 in slippery conditions.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Have Citroen definitely not entered Breen? Or is the list above just speculation?

They were going to see if it was possible, and if they can't run a 3rd car on their home rally, it's pretty awful. With Meeke, Loeb and Breen (all good on tarmac), they'd have the chance for a superb team result.

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    That might have to do with you being a Latvala fan. Latvala in Toyota has yet to show rally winning speed on tarmac on any rally. Corsica with relatively low top speed didn't seem to suit them much last year.

I don't put Loeb up in first group because on Tarmac he won't have any road position advantage and while he used to be best on tarmac it's also the surface where quick reactions matter a bit more than experience which counts against him.

If there is some rain he could be bigger favorite, but then is the question of C3 in slippery conditions.
    When you talk about his lack of "quick reactions", du you think about turns with mud and gravel coming onto the tar, or in general.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts

It's most likely my fandom

It's true he hasn't shown winning pace but he was decent last year in Corsica, fell foul to engine gremlins in Germany and retired after hitting something on the first day of Spain. It's a little uncertain at this point but he's no slouch. I suppose he could surprise us, especially if other drivers retire for whatever reason.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 2 View Post
    When you talk about his lack of "quick reactions", du you think about turns with mud and gravel coming onto the tar, or in general.
    In general when you get older you get slower reactions, that's just how muscles and nerves. Driving on tarmac needs quicker reactions.

How much it affects Loeb now is just my pure speculation. Maybe it doesn't at all.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Have Citroen definitely not entered Breen? Or is the list above just speculation?

They were going to see if it was possible, and if they can't run a 3rd car on their home rally, it's pretty awful. With Meeke, Loeb and Breen (all good on tarmac), they'd have the chance for a superb team result.
    If they have entered him then Breen was doing a great job of acting when he was commentating at the weekend. Said it was going to be heartbreaking to miss the rally. And obviously the entrylist is closed now. So I don't think he's entered
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

12. Likes: AnttiL (12th March 2018)