Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Update regarding @JariMattiWRC's car: During the three-hour service, the damage was found to be worse than the initial inspection showed. It will not be possible to fix it at the rally, so car #7 will not restart tomorrow. #TourdeCorse https://t.co/szjcPU0hJB

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    seems to be distracted by pacenotes change and miss breaking

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    seems to be distracted by pacenotes change and miss breaking
    I was gonna say the rear brakes locked but that was probably because of the missed braking. Such a shame.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Just saw the onboard from Kris,the co driver said 3 left minus.The speed was obviously not for 3 left minus.Really big shame.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 179 Times in 70 Posts
    Some detailed info from Meeke:
    https://www.facebook.com/krismeeke

"Hi everyone,

You’ll know by now, probably, that our fight for a podium place on the Tour de Corse ended in disappointment this afternoon - in the same stage, wouldn’t you know, that accounted for our hopes last year as well, albeit in a very different fashion.

We started well this morning with a good time on the first test of the day, and then on the two stages that made up the rest of the Saturday loop, we were a bit off the pace. I was struggling to work out why, to be honest, because we were certainly trying hard enough and the rhythm had felt good too.

Then at lunchtime service we made some changes to the set-up - taking the car closer to how it was 12 months ago, in a way. But in the repeat run through the longer of the three stages, I touched a kerb and I thought I had a puncture, so we weren’t as quick as we could have been. Then on the penultimate stage of the day, our time was a bit better again and we were able to draw level with Thierry Neuville in second place.

Things went wrong for us in the final stage of the day, though. We had to wait for a long time beside the car because there are so many cars in the rally that it was ages before recovery could get to us. I was confused about what happened and we didn’t want to give out any incorrect information.

But we’ve had a chance now to look at onboard footage and it seems that Paul got a bit mixed up in the notes. He called a ‘fast five left’ when it should have been a ‘three’, so I was all guns blazing into a tighter corner than we’d expected. You can’t change the laws of physics so we ended up a fair way off the road, down a bit of a hillside. It was an interesting moment, for sure.

This is the first time that Paul has ever made a mistake like this. He’s gutted, of course.

I want to be absolutely clear on this, though: Paul and I win together and we lose together. We have enjoyed many successes over the years, and his ability to fire out pacenotes in great detail has played a key part in that. He has sat with me many, many times when I’ve been the one to make a mistake, and the consequences have been a lot worse than they were today. So we will both take it on the chin, move on and go again - it is as simple as that. We are a team.

We may get a chance to get right back into it tomorrow morning, as it turns out. The car’s not too badly damaged and as long as they manage to get it back up the mountainside in one piece, I’d be reasonably hopeful that we can get back out for the Sunday stages. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you, as always, for your support,

Kris
    "

7. Likes: A FONDO (8th April 2018),cali (8th April 2018),dimviii (8th April 2018),er88 (7th April 2018),gorganl2000 (8th April 2018),Rallyper (8th April 2018)
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Meeke onboard for those without Live:

Only get less than 2 meg here so useless quality but certainly wrong note called:

http://sendvid.com/sacdtf95?secret=f...6-bd49464ce2bf

9. Likes: dimviii (8th April 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    He called a ‘fast five left’ when it should have been a ‘three’
    The note seems for the previous corner, Nagle did called 3 left-
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Yeah he repeated the previous note once, before saying the correct one but then they were already in the breaking. Sometimes he does repeat the previous note one more time also on other occasions. But here Meeke could have though that it's the note for next corner.

That said note just how many notes there are for 2 "simple" corners. It's a bit like when Solberg spun in Wales once cause Patterson just couldn't keep up with the notes.

Sure it's the co-driver who makes the error. But extremely detailed notes put extra pressure on him.
    Last edited by mknight; 7th April 2018 at 22:30.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    May be it's just an error in the pace notes, I'm not that expert, but shouldn't be "5 left fast INTO 3 left-" be more proper?!?

Also turning the page in that fast section to short slower one is a risk to call the note bit too late?!?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 7th April 2018 at 22:38.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI