Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

2. Likes: AnttiL (15th April 2018),danon (12th April 2018),gorganl2000 (13th April 2018),Ha3aP (15th April 2018),HenryEST (13th April 2018),Lead (15th April 2018),pantealex (13th April 2018),TWRC (12th April 2018),WUff1 (12th April 2018)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    First Corsica for me. It was a great rally, logistically good, two stages able to access a day including afternoon service and evening regroup and service.

Only gripe was that I asked colleagues which they prefer, a Rally with 4 stages in the morning loop and then 4-5 in the afternoon or a rally with 2, service then 2 again. Responses were Variety in the larger option of stages before a service. Rather then know what you have in two stages and small access to get into them, variety is better with 4-5 stage options to go to.

Service park was great, scenery was too.

I can understand the island now, the driving was mega with liaisons. Though I did enjoy Corsica what would another French rally option be? I might head back in 2019, but the problem might be I would have to go!

On another note. I did say to people this rally was fast, and they replied saying it is one of the slowest rallies in the calendar! Confused. Tarmac feels fast when they're driving towards me, past me and when I'm leaving the stage, walking on the stage!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    On another note. I did say to people this rally was fast, and they replied saying it is one of the slowest rallies in the calendar! Confused. Tarmac feels fast when they're driving towards me, past me and when I'm leaving the stage, walking on the stage!
    Interesting. I'm from an asphalt country and I have the exact opposite feeling. Gravel gives me mostly more perception of speed due to the cars sliding on the loose surface. On asphalt i's much harder to find places where it looks fast and not boring like hell. My two cents.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: cali (15th April 2018),janvanvurpa (15th April 2018),pantealex (15th April 2018),racerx1979 (16th April 2018),sindroms (16th April 2018),the sniper (15th April 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts

7. Likes: pantealex (16th April 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Interesting. I'm from an asphalt country and I have the exact opposite feeling. Gravel gives me mostly more perception of speed due to the cars sliding on the loose surface. On asphalt i's much harder to find places where it looks fast and not boring like hell. My two cents.
    This is th reason why I never spectate asphalt rallies. They are very boring. My wife who is not into cars went to Germany with me and she asked me why they weren’t driving fast?? I had to explain to her that they were going fast but look slow since they’re not sliding around.. she gave me a dumb look

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    This is th reason why I never spectate asphalt rallies. They are very boring. My wife who is not into cars went to Germany with me and she asked me why they weren’t driving fast?? I had to explain to her that they were going fast but look slow since they’re not sliding around.. she gave me a dumb look

There are solid reasons why it's spelled ass-fault...

Guess we're just dumb lucky that we don't do ass-fault rally in Norf America...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

10. Likes: Rallyper (16th April 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    One has to understand precision driving to enjoy tarmac rallies. My wife saw her first tarmac rally last year in Catalunya and enjoyed it a lot. Ofc the perfect weather and landscape were to blame for this :P

But in general fast gravel rallies offer the most wow effect for spectators.

12. Likes: A FONDO (16th April 2018),dimviii (16th April 2018)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Yes but in the other hand, sometimes cars are not so fast on tough gravel rallies (rainy Acropolis uphill special stages come to my mind).

I enjoyed Deutschland Rallye 2017 and I never thought cars were not going fast, quite the opposite.

14. Likes: A FONDO (16th April 2018)
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    There are solid reasons why it's spelled ass-fault...

Guess we're just dumb lucky that we don't do ass-fault rally in Norf America...
    Well... it's not boring if You know where to spectate. It just requires a lot more preparation for the spectators who wants to see something. Otherwise crazy fast events like Barum or Ypres are very spectacular despite being asphalt. On gravel You just come to a random corner and it's usually somewhat ok. This approach simply doesn't work with asphalt events.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

16. Likes: cali (17th April 2018),pantealex (16th April 2018)
    Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I am from a gravel country and I have only two tarmac rallies in my bag - Germany WRC 2015 and Barum 2017. After last one I came to conclusion that you can not use your gravel experience in tarmac rallies spectating at all. Cars behave and tires works totally different and what wow's you in gravel on tarmac it seems like driving on rails. It's all about experience to find enjoyable spots in tarmac rallies. Same applies to gravel rallies. When I in 2007 was in Finland for a first time, every Ouninpohja bend seemed to me like best spot ever. With my nowadays experience I need to work hard to find something there for my taste

18. Likes: A FONDO (16th April 2018),pantealex (16th April 2018)