Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,603
    Like
    71
    Liked 63 Times in 45 Posts
    Few days ago I have seen the Shakedown route by Google street and looks very fast but without jumps.
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,556
    Like
    481
    Liked 822 Times in 259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I just decided to go and visit Rally Finland this year with some friends. For me it´s the second time there, so most things are clear. Only one thing: We´re on a low budget mission, so the plan is to sleep inside the car. Has anyone of you done this before? And is able to tell me if there is a possibility to take a shower anywhere in the area? The options which came into my mind were: asking at a campsite, gym or at the harbour in Jyväskylä. Or are there showers at motorway service areas like in Germany?
    Maybe some of your ideas for taking shower could be possible, I can't help you there. A good nude swim beats all those options though :-) Lakes we can provide.
    Lue: rallirinki.net | Katso: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Seuraa: @HartusvuoriWRC

  3. Likes: Allez Andruet (4th May 2018),AnttiL (3rd May 2018),JUF (4th May 2018),pantealex (4th May 2018)
  4. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    586
    Like
    97
    Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Maybe some of your ideas for taking shower could be possible, I can't help you there. A good nude swim beats all those options though :-) Lakes we can provide.
    We have a swimming hall "AaltoAlvari".

    It costs 9€.

    Dipping in a lake is a viable option. Water is always clean. And late July it is also almost warm enough 😁
    "San Romolo opettaa"

  5. Likes: JUF (4th May 2018)
  6. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,267
    Like
    372
    Liked 707 Times in 307 Posts
    Hayden Paddon and Craig Breen will compete in Rally Estonia to prepare Finland.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  7. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Like
    38
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Hayden Paddon and Craig Breen will compete in Rally Estonia to prepare Finland.
    an event also dreaming to become a WRC event.

  8. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,536
    Like
    1,983
    Liked 992 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I just decided to go and visit Rally Finland this year with some friends. For me it´s the second time there, so most things are clear. Only one thing: We´re on a low budget mission, so the plan is to sleep inside the car. Has anyone of you done this before? And is able to tell me if there is a possibility to take a shower anywhere in the area? The options which came into my mind were: asking at a campsite, gym or at the harbour in Jyväskylä. Or are there showers at motorway service areas like in Germany?
    Maximum two persons quite naturally is possible to sleep in one car. Bring some extra pillows and sleeping bag. Stay at a small lake and you have all possibilities to take the a bath early in the morning or in the evening. Don´t think there´s a camping in Jyväskylä city area.

    Been there, done that. many times.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  9. Likes: JUF (4th May 2018)
  10. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    170
    Like
    75
    Liked 160 Times in 80 Posts
    @Hartusvuori, @jiipee64, @Rallyper: Thanks a lot for your advice. Dipping in a lake seems like a good option .

  11. Likes: Rallyper (4th May 2018)
  12. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,536
    Like
    1,983
    Liked 992 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    @Hartusvuori, @jiipee64, @Rallyper: Thanks a lot for your advice. Dipping in a lake seems like a good option .
    And of course bring your own camping kitchen, make a small dinner after finding your good place, have a beer knowing tomorrows stage is quite nearby. Very good feeling.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  13. Likes: JUF (8th May 2018),satnav (4th May 2018)
  14. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,158
    Like
    6,963
    Liked 728 Times in 357 Posts
    Other options for washing your self in Jyväskylä area:

    https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels...652.1525873313
    Laajavuori SPA, this is very rally related place, old HQ of rally.

    http://www.peurunka.fi/en/spahotel/spa/
    Peurunka SPA, Laukaa. Also rally related place, Juha Kankkunen is local hero.

    https://www.jyvaskyla.fi/liikunta/pa...llamo/hinnasto
    Swimming hall "WELLAMO" Vaajakoski, 8km from Service Park. 5€ in mornings, 6,50€ day time.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  15. Likes: EstWRC (9th May 2018),JUF (9th May 2018),sindroms (10th May 2018)
  16. #80
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    4,417
    Like
    1,888
    Liked 3,640 Times in 1,572 Posts
    thanks for those links!

    the biggest problem we face every year is taking shower somewhere. Yes, you have dozens of lakes there but the problem is that it is hard to access them IMO, all the good access ways are through private properties or houses. And it isnt same as taking a proper shower anyway.

    We sleep in tents but i have seen people sleeping in cars too. The atmosphere at stage side camping is great, all the people get along well, barbecues, beer, vodka, funny stories...

    ahhhh cant wait, two more months.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  17. Likes: JUF (12th May 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •