Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Does anyone else think this rally could be make or break for Latvala? If he's beaten by Ott at his own game I see him plummeting mentally.
    It's very close to being do or die for JML. That was already quite degrading, that Tänak was faster than him in Sweden, but it's still nothing compared to the situation where Tänak would beat him in Finland - on the roads JML has mastered in the past.

Almost breaks my heart as a Finn to say this, but Tänak at the moment is so phenomenal that I just can't see anyone beating him in Finland.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: AnttiL (19th July 2018),pantealex (19th July 2018),Rebane (19th July 2018),steve.mandzij (19th July 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    If Jari gets crushed mentally by Ott in Finland (and for the rest of the season), don't be surprised if Makinen gives it serious consideration to replace him with Meeke at Toyota next year.

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    If Jari gets crushed mentally by Ott in Finland (and for the rest of the season), don't be surprised if Makinen gives it serious consideration to replace him with Meeke at Toyota next year.
    If anyone's going to replace Latvala at TGR, I'd bet all my money it won't be Meeke.

5. Likes: AnttiL (19th July 2018),Gregor-y (20th July 2018),juhoman (26th July 2018),leighton323 (20th July 2018),pantealex (21st July 2018),sonnybobiche (24th July 2018),steve.mandzij (19th July 2018),TWRC (19th July 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    i hope you are not like that in real life as well...

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MYS View Post
    Hello guys, can anybody recommend some parking places for the Service area ???

That spot over there------------------------------------->.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

8. Likes: EstWRC (19th July 2018),Mk2 RS2000 (20th July 2018),pantealex (21st July 2018),TWRC (19th July 2018)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    They made an underground one just under the service area some years ago
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts
    There's a big underground carpark at the service park.....

Yes the same one as previous post ……...
    Last edited by satnav; 19th July 2018 at 21:54. Reason: late as usual

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Not sure what you mean but the 2016 one is the one at 16 km, not the last one. You can check it from WRC+, SS10 at 5:35
    Correct. It´s first right corner after fast section. Still a couple of km´s on the stage to run.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    It's very close to being do or die for JML. That was already quite degrading, that Tänak was faster than him in Sweden, but it's still nothing compared to the situation where Tänak would beat him in Finland - on the roads JML has mastered in the past.

Almost breaks my heart as a Finn to say this, but Tänak at the moment is so phenomenal that I just can't see anyone beating him in Finland.
    I´m not a finn, but seriously I do think JML already can see a hard fight with tanak. Why would a fast driver go mentally bananas when reality is there all the time. If JML reaches podium he should be happy and still be under Tommis wings.

(Thats my thoughts)
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I´m not a finn, but seriously I do think JML already can see a hard fight with tanak. Why would a fast driver go mentally bananas when reality is there all the time. If JML reaches podium he should be happy and still be under Tommis wings.
    Not saying this would be the ultimate truth, but I don't think "podium" is enough for Latvala in Finland - especially if he's beaten by one or two Toyotas. Why? There are few reasons. One being that he's won it three times in the past. But, the bigger reason IMO is, that his 2018 has been an absolute nightmare, and as he hasn't appeared to be mentally the strongest of the WRC line-up (although I find it absurd to call any of the fully-fledged WRC drivers anything but extremely sound mentally), this (being beaten by his teammates or anyone basically in Finland) might be seen as the final nail in the coffin. I truly hope it ain't so, no matter what happens in Finland, but I for one wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be that way.

And I must stress that I'm a fan of JML - have been since Vanajanlinna-ralli 2005, where I was absolutely amazed about the way and speed he drove the right-left-right combination I was watching at SS1 (prior to that I didn't believe he'd ever make it to the top).
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

14. Likes: pantealex (21st July 2018)