Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    No daily tickets for rally? We were thinking of doing only a day because of tight schedules but its little bit expensive to pay 75 for only 3-4 stages.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    No daily tickets for rally? We were thinking of doing only a day because of tight schedules but its little bit expensive to pay 75 for only 3-4 stages.
    There has never been daily tickets in Finland. Most of stages are driven twice, but you only need 1 ticket for both.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Which day are you doing? On Friday, Moksi-Oittila-Äänekoski 2 could be a doable three stage route, or then you could go straight from Moksi to Äänekoski and stay for two runs. Or then add a detour to Oittila between the two runs of Äänekoski. Moving on the east side of lake Päijänne kinda makes it easier since most of the stages are on the west side. If you are planning to add Harju as well, then rally pass starts becoming cheaper...

On Saturday there's probably even more traffic between the stages and parking areas get full soon. Maybe it's possible to do Päijälä and then Tuohikotanen for two runs (which are run on each side of service) and then Pihlajakoski if you don't attempt to drive the most obvious route between the stages? Kakaristo is probably the most popular stage and most difficult/slow to access.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 18th June 2018 at 11:10.

4. Likes: famjo70 (19th June 2018),Rallyper (18th June 2018)
    Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Which day are you doing? On Friday, Moksi-Oittila-Äänekoski 2 could be a doable three stage route, or then you could go straight from Moksi to Äänekoski and stay for two runs. Or then add a detour to Oittila between the two runs of Äänekoski. Moving on the east side of lake Päijänne kinda makes it easier since most of the stages are on the west side. If you are planning to add Harju as well, then rally pass starts becoming cheaper...

On Saturday there's probably even more traffic between the stages and parking areas get full soon. Maybe it's possible to do Päijälä and then Tuohikotanen for two runs (which are run on each side of service) and then Pihlajakoski if you don't attempt to drive the most obvious route between the stages? Kakaristo is probably the most popular stage and most difficult/slow to access.
    Yes we were planning to do friday. Have to see if ferry tickets are still available.

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi gyus. Anybody already get the Rallypass?

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    not yet, my friend emailed them this week and they said that they will start to send them out in two weeks
    Last edited by EstWRC; 18th June 2018 at 21:15.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    AnttiL, your mega route preview is great! It is perfect for the planning! Great with your analysis combined with the videos. And combined with rally-maps it makes it easier to plan where to be! Great job! I am going to Rally Finland again this year with my son. I was at 1000 Lakes Rally a couple of times in the 80's with my parents and it feels really great to go back with my son! A question for you, regarding planning of the Saturday stages... Want to go to both Päijälä and Kakaristo! The question is which order that is best? To be at Päijälä the first or second run? Is there time enough for another stage besides the 2 mentioned ones? I suspect at least Kakaristo will be very crowded? What would you recommend?

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Kakaristo definitely in the morning, it is sooo over crowded for second run...we had this situation last year.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Switching stages will be tricky on Saturday, especially Kakaristo will get very jammed. But I personally would enjoy two runs of Kakaristo with Vetomies in between rather than sit at the traffic.

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Id like to add last year Päijälä morning run had all the wrecks whilst on the 2nd loop almost nobody had action in the famous corner there. I did Ouni in the morning and päijälä afternoon after hearing about all the wrecks there.. Not that much exiting action except drunk estonian spectators having fun.

12. Likes: AnttiL (21st June 2018)