Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    F1 can't stop with just the removal of the grid girls, they must also cancel the races where women are repressed, like Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Azerbaijan. Why stop there, Russia and China's human rights records are not the best, cut those races also. But wait, there's more, the American race must get the chop also, marijuana is legal somewhere over there. Hell, if the world is not perfect, we shouldn't race at all!!!

2. Likes: Jag_Warrior (17th March 2018),Koz (12th March 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    F1 can't stop with just the removal of the grid girls, they must also cancel the races where women are repressed, like Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Azerbaijan. Why stop there, Russia and China's human rights records are not the best, cut those races also. But wait, there's more, the American race must get the chop also, marijuana is legal somewhere over there. Hell, if the world is not perfect, we shouldn't race at all!!!
    Excellent post!!!

This knee jerk ("jerk" being the operative word) reaction to satisfy political correctness won't permanently damage the sport. But it certainly says to me that the new American owners believe in putting forth superficial PC solutions to make believe PC problems and complaints (and let's be honest, most buttercup types wake up looking for something to be offended by every single day).

I'm eagerly waiting to see how FOM addresses the things that you mentioned, as well as income inequality... at the team, driver and fan level. And what about the issue of race? Apart from Lewis Hamilton, most F1 races look like a meeting of the Global Association of Caucasians. How many openly gay drivers are there? And how about Jews? Now that Barrichello is gone, are there any Jewish drivers???

Look, there most certainly is sexism, wealthism (is that even a word?), cultural elitism, racism and anti-Semitism in the world. But the quickest way to shoot F1 in the head is for the ownership and management to run around, trying to satisfy the whines and whims of safe-space/participation trophy people, who will search out a new problem the split second after a superficial bone has been tossed to them for an old (make believe) problem.

It's a sport, not a social science experiment. Develop and put forth a rule set that gives current and prospective fans a reason to watch and/or attend races. Do the same for the teams and sponsors. With that, I promise you, the rest will take care of itself.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

4. Likes: A FONDO (17th March 2018),mr_swiss (18th March 2018),Warriwa (25th March 2018)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think regardless of what people want F1 and Liberty felt they had to be seen to be joining the bandwagon or campaign (whatever you call it) and following the current trends. It does not bother me asuch but I do feel it is a bit like everyone is trying to do what is seen as the right thing.

I think F1 needs to worry more about the sport.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

6. Likes: Warriwa (26th March 2018)