Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Baggie, l cannot argue with your assessment. I share the fact that it should not be a glamour thing with scantily dress girls. It should be more of a cultural thing with girls and guys dressed in the cultural attire of the hosting nation. The choice is theirs if they wish to make it a sexy attire. Picture girls and guys in morris dancer attire as grid people at Silverstone. Besides the tripod idea would be hazardous with all those celebs, cameramen and microphone bandits doing grid walks.
    You're right , cultural attire is far too hazardous .

If they were naked , they would cause too much commotion , and it would not be safe .
    But , if we have to have it that way , then at least let them be good looking .

By the way , I've just read that "grid kids" will be used .
    I hope they aren't naked .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    yeah, grid kids seems to be the best outcome here.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You're right , cultural attire is far too hazardous .

If they were naked , they would cause too much commotion , and it would not be safe .
    But , if we have to have it that way , then at least let them be good looking .

By the way , I've just read that "grid kids" will be used .
    I hope they aren't naked .
    Now that is funny LOL.
    I can't think of any hosting nation in the current calendar with bare skin cultural attire, except Australia if they go native with Aborigines. The culrural thing is to promote tourism. Hence, l am sure each hosting nation would be tasteful in their approach.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    It wouldn't be long before someone criticize with child labor complaints on this one. A AI robot would probably be the safest option.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th February 2018 at 19:01.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: Jag_Warrior (24th February 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    It wouldn't be long before someone criticize with child labor complaints on this one. A AI robot would probably the safest option.
    They could make the robot look like a naked grid girl .

7. Likes: A FONDO (5th February 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    They could make the robot look like a naked grid girl .
    he he :-)
    William Shakespeare

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Yes the paedophilic lobby was strongest!

10. Likes: Sub_Skoda (6th February 2018)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    It wouldn't be long before someone criticize with child labor complaints on this one. A AI robot would probably be the safest option.
    it is essentially the same thing that occurs before the start of every football game across europe and most of the world with the kids coming out at the beginning and standing with the teams.
    If i was still 9-12 when i was already in love with F1 and back in Austria, I would have died and gone to heaven if i was selected as a grid kid.
    you can't argue with results.

12. Likes: Tazio (11th February 2018),yodasarmpit (13th February 2018)
    it is essentially the same thing that occurs before the start of every football game across europe and most of the world with the kids coming out at the beginning and standing with the teams.
    If i was still 9-12 when i was already in love with F1 and back in Austria, I would have died and gone to heaven if i was selected as a grid kid.
    From the kids perspective you are quite right. Any kid with racing in their blood would love the chance to be a grid kid. However, l don't think it is a good comparison to the football scenario. In football the kids go on to the pitch with the players. Wait for the very brief photo session and the handshake and get off.

In the F1 scenario, the time they have to stand with the place marker boards is around an hour to an hour and half. Then, you have cars being pushed into their places while at the same time you have engineers with tyres, toolboxes, engine startup device etc, plus celebrities, cameramen and microphone bandits milling through the grid. This is potentially a hazardous environment really. Though it sounds glamorous, it is not a good place for kids.

The grid person role is a professional position for these reasons. To have kids do it will eventually raise negative comments. I think there are better ways for Liberty to galvanize kids interests and to motivate them to aspire to an F1 seat. Giving them exposure to the garages and talk time with engineers and drivers during the weekend would be a better way l think. They can make an hour for kids during Saturday practice. That would not be too disruptive to the team's preparations l think.

We all have opinions, l fail to see how grid kids is a good idea. Especially when there was a more competent crew doing the job previously.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th February 2018 at 21:39.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    They could use Asimo - probably the only way we'll see a Honda at the front of an F1 grid.