Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    seems Tanak has been a pain in ass for Finns

2. Likes: Augury (29th January 2018),bandit12 (8th February 2018),EstWRC (29th January 2018),jliivak (30th January 2018),spiderem (29th January 2018),WRC1 (29th January 2018)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    what if an avalanche would have cross the road after Tanak's passage? Do you blame the car being too loud and starting the avalanche? Do you blame the guy for parking at the wrong spot? do you blame the authority for not installing avalanche protection? i mean with "what if" we can all stay at home and follow every rule, yet still not be guaranteed to stay safe...
    That's probably the most illogical post i have seen in my entire life.
    It's not so hard to understand, just don't do it at a rally.
    I've had to throw the car in the ditch myself due to rally drivers thinking they are immortal and it's not that much fun.

At least western Europe seem to have more common sense, good thing the rest of the world doesn't have a driving culture like Russia, I've never been so scared in traffic.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

4. Likes: AnttiL (29th January 2018),satukata (29th January 2018),steve.mandzij (30th January 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    seems Tanak has been a pain in ass for Finns
    Nah I actually get their idea. The thing which bugs me is the western civilization has lived in their own bubble too long. Coming from the other side of idiocy (Soviet Union) I now see different side of progression of stupidity. It's like EU trying to decide what is the right curve of the banana

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I've had to throw the car in the ditch myself due to rally drivers thinking they are immortal and it's not that much fun.

At least western Europe seem to have more common sense, good thing the rest of the world doesn't have a driving culture like Russia, I've never been so scared in traffic.

Problems with geography?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts

While I tend to agree with you in some points this western common sense thing is on the other side of your called russian stupidity. Both sides have gone into extreme

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    If Russia scares you, then you haven't seen anything yet.

But on topic. I think that you've blown it out of proportion with this case, Antti.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Problems with geography?
    I'm not counting Russia as Europe if that's what you are alluding to.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 160 Times in 51 Posts
    It's nothing to do with nationality. It's nothing to do with Ott as a person. This is about the sport and how it's presented not only to us rally fans, but to people who don't share our passion. If Latvala or Lappi took that bit of road the same way my opinion and words would not be one iota different I can guarantee you that. And maybe they did, who knows? But the fact is here we have video of Ott and I would personally make a warning example out of him as a clear gesture that actions are being started to take against this kind of road driving behavior. Can we stay on topic please and leave out all the silly remarks regarding nationalism, snowflake generation, world being doomed etc.

11. Likes: AnttiL (29th January 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    see how close Ogier is doing donuts near a marshall.
    my suggest is ban from 2018 championsip,and take back his 2017 championship.
    we have to protect our sport.

13. Likes: Augury (29th January 2018),cali (29th January 2018),EstWRC (29th January 2018),HenryEST (31st January 2018),WRC1 (29th January 2018)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiK7 View Post
    And that's exactly what makes it even more condemnable for me.

And people shouldn't try to justify it with the car and conditions. Is it a lot more fun to drive a WRC car on these conditions like Tänak does on the video? Yes definitely. Is it actually necessary and safer for other road users? No. Besides a modern WRC car has a myriad of engine map settings and diff settings to take advantage of for road driving vs. stage driving all adjustable from the steering wheel.
    For me the only risk is how close he got to the cars, as theoretically someone could have ran out from between the vehicles. Though I can imagine anyone going up that hill getting similarly close and posing a similar risk. Hanging the back out a bit is rather irrelevant, he'd be in as much or more control of the situation than many other users of that road travelling 'normally'.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I know the original poster from another forum from years back, he's a big rallying fan. I bet many of you have enjoyed his video work on youtube.

Actually outside this thread I have seen motorsport fans mostly reacting negatively to Tänak's drifting.
    I've got a lot of respect for his video work, they're masterpieces, if we are indeed talking to Antti Kalhola. But I find it amazing that with everything that has occurred in the WRC over the last couple of years, this is what spurs anyone to start conversing with the forum.

Like I say, dubious stuff goes on on road sections sometimes that is highly questionable and risky, that should be dealt with. This was nothing though and the risk posed above 'normal' driving was marginal if anything, not really worth getting worked up about. Should someone advise Ott to avoid it for PR reasons, sadly yes. Should he be disqualified from the rally? Don't be ridiculous.

15. Likes: cali (29th January 2018)